22

...

11 years old

"Pops! I'm gonna become a chef and beat you!" Soma exclaimed passionately, holding a ladle in his hand.

I smile at him feeling butterflies in my stomach. He looks cute today. Joichiro and Soma are having a battle right now.

I wanted to watch and also taste the food so I'm here. I shake my head, beginning to say something.

"When I become a chef, I'm going to beat both of you!" I shift in my seat, sending Soma and his dad a challenging smirk.

Joichiro's eyebrows raised at me. Soma stays quiet, giving me a weird look. I press my lips together and look away.

I forgot he is shy towards me. I wonder if I can find a way to get him to like me-- or at least have a conversation with me. Maybe I should give him something he likes? Or try to be less flirty.

But it's hard to contain myself when I see his gold-filled eyes turn my way. And his smile is the prettiest. Besides being the greatest cook alive, that's one of my goals for now.

"You don't say. Well, good luck with that. Y/N, let's battle next time." Soma's dad looks at me and then at Soma. I didn't really mean that.

I don't want to fight him, I'm going to get crushed! But I won't say that out loud so I guess I'm battling Soma's dad sometime soon.

"Okay, let's start! It's a food battle!" Soma says.

..

Fall Selection - Block B

"Tadakoro Megumi has 91 points! That's fourth place. She's headed to the finals! In third place with 92 points is Hisako Arato! Ranking in second place with 94 points is Yukihira Y/N. And in first place with 95 points is Alice Nakiri. These four are your candidates from B Block!"

I am officially in second place. Even though I'm not first, I still feel content knowing I'm still in the running.

Besides, I always have a chance to win when we do the final battle between the eight remaining contestants from A and B Block.

I look at the other three contestants from Block B with a smile on my face. I'm keeping hopeful.

..

Megumi, Yuki, and I ran down the audience in A Block to go to Daigo and Shoji. Daigo is holding a green flag in his hand looking at us curiously. I bend down, my hands on my knees, panting.

"How did B Block turn out?" Daigo asks us. I can't even answer because I'm out of breath from running.

"We'll tell you later. How are things here?" Yuki says and I look over to the stage again, slowly coming up from my crouching position.