32

..

Okay, I've decided. I'm officially going to get Soma to fall in love with me! Or if he's already in love with me, somehow get him to admit it.

I'm done trying to smother the feelings I have and hoping that one day they disappear. Because they haven't; they've been around for about 11 years now. 

The only question is: how? The making him jealous with Isshiki's help tactic didn't work. And even on the days I try to be prettier, he doesn't even give me a second glance. It starts to make me wonder whether he even sees me as a woman or not. 

When we were younger, I would tell him I loved him like it was as easy as breathing. I think I'm way too in my head to say it now. Just thinking about it is scary... 

I can't go back to those days when he would reject me without a second thought. But I also can't be the one to confess first because it might creep him out...

My thoughts are cut off when I hear a bunch of people yelling downstairs. I get up from my bed and put on house shoes as I walk down the stairs. My eyebrows furrow in confusion as I see Etsuya Eizan and his men at the front doors of Polar Star. Soma turns around and sees me there on the stairs confused. I mouth to him, what's going on? He shrugs and turns back around. I finish walking down the stairs and stand next to Soma when Etsuya Eizan pulls out a piece of paper from thin air. 

"This dormitory will be shut down. There is no need for it at Tohtsuki." He says with a smirk. Me and Soma immediately turn to each other with looks of disarray on both of our faces.

"No need?" Yuki shouts.

"Shut Polar Star Dormity down?" Marui questions.

"The buildings and the property will be confiscated by Central. That basically means none of this will be yours any longer." He continues.

"Assholes." I spit blatantly. Etsuya lowers his gaze to me, that annoying ass smirk still sitting on his face. I should wipe it right off. Everyone erupts in fits of anger before being cut off by Soma's words.

"Well, it's a shame to just stand around talking like this. Have some tea before you go, won't you?" I look at him with a confused, raised eyebrow. I jab him in the side and when he turns to look at me, I shake my head in confusion at him. He just looks at me blankly.

..

...

"So why does this dorm gotta get shut down, too?" Soma asks as we all sit or stand around the kitchen table. Etsuya's cup of tea emits a smell of mint. "I've heard we're basically like our own little country. Does the academy have any right to interfere with us?"

"That's the reason right there. It's highly problematic to have autonomous bodies other than Central at the academy. There only needs to be one decision-making entity. Hence our decision. These documents specify the timeline for vacating the premises." he throws the documents on the table and I look at them with disgust before focusing my eyes back on him. "But don't worry. As long as you toe the line, you can keep attending as students here."

I sigh deeply before taking a sip of my tea. I notice Soma and I pick our cups up at the same time. I smile smally to myself at the thought of how we're in sync.