5

Your backstory will be a little bit explained in this chapter. Just a tiny bit. Enjoy the chapter!!
------

 Enjoy the chapter!!------

...

Soma and I were walking along the longest path ever. "Geez. This school is huge!" I said turning over to Soma.

He was looking at the guide to the Polar Star Dormitory. "Yeah, the sun's about to set too. We should hurry." He said, looking up from the paper to look at me.

I nodded and we walked a little faster. It was pretty cold here too.

We were both shivering and our stomachs rumbled at the same time.

We looked at each other, paused, then laughed. We really are in sync, aren't we?

I stopped my thoughts once I noticed one of the papers in Soma's hand flew away.

I tried grabbing it, it was too late.

I looked around and there were tons of buildings everywhere. I wonder what they were for.

"This school is rich, I wonder if the dorms are nice too," I mumbled, smiling to myself. I could feel Soma's glance on me.

"Why are you mumbling to yourself?" He asked, and I just shrugged. My smile became bigger thinking about how nice the beds there must be.

"Weirdo.." I could hear Soma say under his breath. "Dork," I said, bumping into him on purpose. It went like that until we arrived at Polar Star.

"Seriously?" I heard Soma say looking at the building with a scared look.

I looked up at the building and it was covered in plants and crows surrounded it. It had this creepy vibe to it.

I grabbed onto Soma's hand to calm my nervousness. He immediately pulled his hand away.

"Sorry. I got scared." I said, he didn't seem to care.

I guess he was pretty used to it since I always grabbed his hand when I was scared. Ever since we were kids.

I looked back at to the house and gulped. We have to live in this haunted house?

...

We opened the door and the place was shrouded in darkness. "Hello?" Soma said. I moved closer to him. This place was giving me the creeps.

I suddenly smelt something. Something burnt. "Smoke? Is there a fire?!" Soma said. They place was suddenly clouded with smoke.

The house started to shake and I grabbed on Soma's hand again. "An earthquake?!" I said panicking, gripping tighter on his hand.

Soma and I looked around but we could barely see since the smoke and darkness.

A big herd of animals came running past us and a girl shouting ran after them.