6

...

-3 years ago-

Soma and I sat on the floor of my room. We were just sitting in silence, when an idea popped into my head.

"Soma." I said catching his attention. I put out my pinkie finger and smiled at him.

"Promise me... no matter how old we get... you'll still be my family. And w-we.. will always cook together!"

He stared down at my finger and then back to my face. His face was blank. I didn't really know why in that moment I said it.

But.. I meant it with all my heart.

I wanted to be with Soma as long as I can!

I want to cook with him as long as I can!

And I want to be his family for as long as I can!

He lips curled into a smile as he put his pinkie finger up and intertwined it with mine. I was so shocked my heart stopped.

"I promise! But.. stop eating all of the food first!"  He gave me a sly grin and I felt utter joy.

We laughed together with our fingers still intertwined. "Sure."

I pulled him into a hug and he gasped. Quickly, he wrapped his arms around me accepting my hug.

That day, even though I lived with him for about 8 years... was the time I truly felt Soma cared about me.

He never really showed me any care before.

I mean we lived together and did all of the things a real family would do. I would always try to talk with him which Soma's dad called 'torturing him'.

But he never would talk to me a lot, or play with me. I felt discouraged since I never really had anyone to care for me.

I mean, my parents and grandpa abandoned me. I used to think maybe only Soma's parents cared about me.

That day Soma came to my room and talked to me. Actually talked to me, a real conversation.

Maybe I got too excited and blurted the question but.. I didn't expect that response.

Ever since then Soma has always looked after me. And I couldn't be more grateful.

We had gotten really close over the past three years than the first eight years I spent with them.

I finally felt like I wasn't alone.

..

I woke up and looked around the room I was in. I was still in the black-haired guys room. He introduced himself to me... what was his name again?