𝟏𝟖: 𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧

Ready to Run by One Direction describes how both people, especially Fuckshit, are now feeling with the emotions and perspectives that have developed throughout the story.

Fuckshit is now starting to see what he wants out of life and that everything will be alright.

"He's been missing all day," Sunburn announced to the group who was currently at the shop.

Stevie was finally out of his cast, leaving Ashley to be the only one in the group with one still on,  and Stevie's mother, hesitantly but eventually, allowed him to hang around the group again.

"It's true. I even asked Angela and she said she hasn't seen him," Ruben added, which earned him a nudge from Fourthgrade as they both looked at Ashley who entered the store with her crutches.

"Why do all of your faces look like that?" Ashley laughed, making her way over to the back where everybody was.

"Fuckshit's missing," Fourthgrade stated, which caused Ashley to nonchalantly shrug.

As selfish as it sounded, it wasn't her problem anymore because they weren't even friends at this point.

"Have you checked the park?" she added as to not come off a total asshole.

"It's true he's been missing. Wasn't there," Ray said, worriedly looking at Estee.

Estee scooted up and repositioned her seat on the couch. "He's probably just hanging at a friend's house, but I don't know him like you do so if you're really worried we can drive around to look for him?" Estee suggested, which caused Ray to look at the time, and nod his head.

"It's getting pretty late, if his ass doesn't show in two we should go," he stated, going over to the counter to help a customer.

Estee sighed and nodded her head, looking at her crutched friend who sat across from her.

"You're coming, you know that right?" she questioned with a raised eyebrow looking at Ashley.

"What? Why," Ashley protested, with her arms out in disbelief.

Estee rolled her eyes, "You really want me to spell it out for you?"

Ashley scoffed and stayed silent, looking away in annoyance.

She was done with Fuckshit.

If this was some sort of plea for attention, it wasn't working on her.

Two hours had already passed, and the collective worry started to grow. Ray, Estee, and Ashley hopped into the car in search of the blonde-headed boy.

They checked the park again and went around the neighborhood, even stopping by the courthouse.

There was no sign of him.

The sun was starting to go down, and she wouldn't admit it herself, but Ashley's anxiety started to build up along with the others.

"I don't know where else to look," Ray confessed down-heartedly, running a hand through his dreads in frustration.

I need to clear my mind, Ashley thought.

Somewhere with fresh air.

And no one in sight.

"Let's try the beach," Ashley quietly suggested. Ray turned his shoulder to look at her which caused her to shrug. "I mean is there a better option right now?" she defended, which caused Ray to put the car on drive and head to the beach.