1

Kristen Stewart wasn't doing anything that night when her phone suddenly rang. It was her old friend Robert Pattinson, from whom she had heard nothing in a while.

She stood up from her bed on which she had been laying comfortably and picked up her phone, curious about why he was calling her at such an hour. He was lucky she hadn't fallen asleep with her long preparations for an important movie role.

"Hello?", she called when she picked up the phone. At that moment, she was glad her girlfriend wasn't in the same room as her. She couldn't imagine how would Dylan would react if Kristen told her Robert was calling.

"Hey, Kris, I'm sorry to bother you, I hope I'm not calling too late," he rambled. He realised it was late, and he was cursing himself mentally for disturbing her. He imagined she was getting ready for bed. If so, he had probably upset her, and he truly felt sorry for that.

Kristen chuckled, "Don't worry, you're not bothering me. I wasn't doing anything important. How are you?"

There was nothing much going in Robert's life. He had wrapped up the shooting of a new movie and now tried not to leave the house unless it was absolutely unnecessary. Kristen, on the other hand, was planning a marriage proposal and was working hard with a dialect coach for the new movie part she had gotten.

In no time, Robert had begun babbling about the song he dreamed of recording. Truth to be told, he was truly hoping she would join him so that they could work together. They hadn't done that in years. He missed partnering with her. She was one of his inspirations and he owed so much to her.

"So what do you say? Would you like to be my partner for this duet?", he asked, hoping that she would agree. It would mean the world to him.

Kristen smiled, "Tell me more about the project."

She swore she could feel Robert smiling back over the phone.