epilogue

The next morning, the sun rays were brightening up everything around. They, alongside the songbirds, were awaking the citizens up for a new day.

The lovers didn't know what were they going to do that day, but all they knew was that they were going to be together.

Kristen was of course the first one to wake up. She was an early bird. She struggled with sleeping, and sometimes that caused her headaches. That night wasn't one of them. Still, she woke up earlier than Robert. She didn't dare to move an inch from her place. She didn't want to wake him up. After all of the hard work, he needed his well-deserved sleep.

Instead, Kristen found herself stroking his soft hair until he woke up. And when he did, he smiled at the beautiful woman in front of him and kissed her for a good morning.

The sun was promising a new beginning for them.

*

Sooner than they imagined, the project they had been working on so hard, had been finally finished. In fact, today had been the last day of recording. It felt strange for both of them. They had got so used to doing warm-up exercises while using Robert's piano and giving corrections to each other. Now it was going to be strange for them not to do that anymore unless they continued singing together. Indeed, they could both agree that they sounded harmonious together.

Kristen had sat on her chair and had crossed her legs, while Robert was fiddling with his piano.

"So," she was turned to him with a small smile on her face and rest her chin on her fists, "What's next?"

When she asked that question, she expected to hear something typical, perhaps a suggestion to record another cover. Or even an original song? Both of them had had experience with writing lyrics in the past.

"How about we get married?",  Robert proposed.

"We can't just get married like that!", protested Kristen. As much as she adored the idea of marrying Robert, she believed it was too soon.

He surprised her by chuckling instead, making her raise her eyebrows, "Kristen, we've known each other, for what, twelve years? And we were in a relationship for how long?"

"Uhh, three years the first time we dated, then a couple of months and now a few days?", she 

Robert nodded, "Exactly."

Kristen stood up from her chair and approached him, "Maybe I'm missing something, but what's your point? I don't understand what you're trying to tell me."

"We've known each other for so long. And we love each other," he began, taking her hands in his, "Come on! Destiny is giving us a third chance, who gets a third chance," continued Robert.

Kristen was starting to understand his idea. But there was a problem, "I suppose you're right. But, I mean, we're kind of in the middle of a pandemic. Do you think it's a good idea to get married now?"

"Some people got married during the pandemic, you know?", he chuckled once again. This time, however, Kristen joined him. Indeed, some people had gotten married during the pandemic. She had seen photos on social media of people sharing kisses with masks on their faces.
"Let's say if we have children, this is what you want to tell them - that we got married during a pandemic?"

"Why not? It would make an interesting story."

"Okay. But we don't have rings and we got a plan, you know, we can't just get married!"

"We will," and with that, he kissed her tenderly.

I just can't believe this. I've never thought that that could actually happen. I've always thought of this. It's just, you were too young at first, you were only twenty-two. And I thought, Okay, what if she meets the love of her life later on? Maybe I'm not the one she's supposed to marry."

Kristen's heart sank. A mixture of shock and sadness appeared on her face, "Oh, Robert! I would always marry you."

And when she uttered that, she mentally slapped herself on the forehead, "I mean, oh God, that sounds so stupid!", she let out a laugh, amusing Robert as well, before focusing on being serious again. They were discussing serious matters, after all, "But you thought that I wouldn't marry you?"

He shrugged, "Well, I mean not everyone marries the first love."

Kristen, however, disagreed, "You know, sometimes it happens. My school teacher actually married her first love. She would tell us all the time back in the day," she spoke, fondly remembering those days of youth and innocence. "Besides, who doesn't want to get married to their first love?", she added.

Robert's eyes lit up with hope, "So it's decided?"

Kristen nodded with a smile on her face, "Yes, I think it is."

Robert didn't miss the chance to cup Kristen's face with his palms and to kiss her tenderly yet again. They now had a wedding to plan.

*

At the beginning of the summer holidays, when fewer people seemed to be infected with the coronavirus, Ms Kristen Stewart became Mrs Kristen Pattinson. The now husband and wife had decided to join in wedlock under the open blue sky in an intimate ceremony with their closest one. All of the friends and family were glad to see that true love and soulmates were real in a world where it seemed that none of that existed. Now, they could only wish the young family happiness and eternal love until death separated them.

And soon after the wedding, three miracles came to the world, and they had their own stories to tell for another time.

THE END

A QUICK AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Thank you for reading my short book, inspired by the song by Pink! I truly appreciate it!

Truth to be told, I wasn't sure whether or not to publish this story and at one point, I lacked ideas. But sometimes I can be awfully stubborn. I developed the idea in my mind back in January and I just had to sit down and write it. And I'm glad I did it.

I haven't written about celebrities in a while, I kind of grew out of it. I think this was an interesting writing exercise, indeed!

I would like to announce that I self-published a book! The links to purchase it are available in my Linktree (in my Wattpad bio). The book is called "Short Stories". It is currently available in multiple stores, including Amazon and Rakuten Kobo. Consider checking it out.

 Thank you again!

P.S. I was planning some sort of a sequel, but I lack the motivation to write it. I have a brief concept of what was going to happen in it - it included mature topics, topics that some writers would prefer to avoid in their books (it's not what you think it is).