2

On the next day, Dylan, Kristen's girlfriend, was anxious about the project between the two exes and it wasn't just because of their relationship. Dylan feared the virus.

"Are you sure it's a good idea? You can record from home, can't you?", she spoke. It was unnecessary. Nothing was going to change Kristen's mind.

Kristen looked at her girlfriend askew, "It will be fine. Besides, I don't have good equipment - he does. Don't worry too much."

Dylan wrapped her arms around Kristen and sighed, "We're in the middle of a pandemic."

The actress saddened. She was aware of how dangerous it was at the moment to leave the house without a good reason, alas she truly wanted to help one of her friends with his little quarantine project. Besides, everyone was getting sick and tired of wasting their days away in binge-watching TV and letting the fear consume over them. Anyone would do anything to simply leave the house and feel normal again.

Looking at the clock on the wall, Dylan realised that if Kristen didn't leave at the moment, she would run late. And everyone knew how much Kristen hated not being on time.

The actress herself let out a small gasp before rushing to put her coat on and to leave.

"Wash your hands!", Dylan reminded, standing at the doorway, as she always did whenever Kristen had to leave to go somewhere.

"I will!", Kristen exclaimed back with a small chuckle and sped away to her car.

*

Robert was pacing back and forth in his own living room. The mask he had put on his face was not helping him breathe. But he couldn't take it off. Not until he sat with Kristen to sing. He was beginning to feel overwhelmed. Where was she anyway? What if she didn't come? No, that was not possible. That was not the Kristen he had met more than ten years in the past.

As he was about to pick up his phone and call Kristen to check up on her, the doorbell rang. That had to be her. Otherwise - who else?

At that moment, Robert felt like a child on Christmas day, looking forward to seeing Santa Claus and to open the gifts under the Christmas tree.

When he opened the door to greet her, she stood there - with dyed in blonde short hair and a black mask covering her face. Only her forest green eyes could be seen. The same eyes that had captivated him back when they had been younger and relatively unknown to the audience.

And indeed she had been late. She could blame no one but herself.

"I'm so sorry for being late, I had to go to the gas station at the last minute," Kristen rambled, as she tended to do whenever she came late (which was once in a blue moon).

Robert chuckled and greeted her before leading her to the bathroom where he had prepared clean towels and an antibacterial gelly for her. He didn't dare to touch her. Not only they were amid a pandemic, but she was in a relationship too and it would be considered inappropriate.

When Kristen came out of the bathroom, she had taken her mask off. For a moment, Robert had forgotten to breathe.

As much as he wished to gaze lovingly at her all day long, he couldn't. They had gathered at his place for a reason.

"Shall we begin work now?", he asked, snapping himself out of his daydream.

"Of course," Kristen smiled, barely waiting to sing.