7

"Breathe, Robert."

Instead of rehearsing the song, Robert and Kristen had gathered together to work out and to do yoga. Kristen, of course, had been the one to suggest it. She tended to get stressed easily, so when she saw how Robert felt, she decided to help him relax. That day, instead of bringing her best singing voice, she had brought healthy snacks and yoga mats.

After an hour of non-stop exercises and bending into uncomfortable poses, the two of them had decided to take a break for drinks. They were joking around, like the good old times. And it felt too good to be true. Anyone who knew that they were still friends after that nightmare of a scandal that had broken them up thought they two were crazy to still be in touch with each other.

"Has anyone told you you have a lovely smile?", asked Robert out of a sudden, feeling a little too relaxed from the exercises.

Kristen let out a chuckle, "Come on, let's get back to work," and began picking herself up from the floor to get ready.

"I'm serious," Robert spoke.

The actress was unable to move. Oh, how stupid she had to have looked in front of her ex! Slouching as if she was a lassie again!

Slowly, she straightened herself into a less awkward position, her eyes never moving away from Robert's.

"Why are you saying that?", she demanded to know, almost wrapping her arms around her body to seek comfort. She didn't even know why she wanted to do that all of a sudden.

His eyes never left hers either, "I'm honest, Kristen."

Her hand reached up to her ear and out of habit, she tucked some hair behind it. Suddenly, she felt like a schoolgirl again. Like the silly little third-grader who had gotten a boyfriend only to never speak to him again. But she was no longer a child. She was a grown woman and had to behave as such.

"I-I," she was stupefied, unsure what to say or to do next.

"Shall we continue with our workout?", asked Robert and flashed a smile as if he hadn't just made Kristen feel flustered.

All she could do was nod in agreement. Alas, even when she had to focus on the breathing exercises, the compliment was ringing in her ears, making her cheeks redden.