5

Robert didn't sleep that night. He knew it was a big mistake since he had a rehearsal with Kristen on the next day. Alas, no matter how hard he tried to, he couldn't. The thoughts of her were occupying his mind and had been since she had come to his house earlier that day. That smile of hers, those eyes... he felt young and carefree when he saw her that afternoon. Almost as if he had gone back in time.

He found it funny how Kristen had barely changed, yet she appeared so different in his eyes. Long ago she had shed the persona he remembered her to be back in her younger years. Now, in front of him, stood a woman with a long list of accomplishments. She came across as a winner in everybody's eyes - everybody who didn't know her well enough, the way he did. Or did he? After all, it had been years since they had shared a bed. And while they still hung out with the same group of friends from time to time, that didn't mean they didn't grow as people.

The actor gulped and shook his head. He felt like an idiot for letting the thoughts of his ex-girlfriend wander around his mind. He had been too caught up thinking about Kristen that he had forgotten to call not only his family but his girlfriend back home as well.

"Darn it!", he swore when he looked at his phone and realised it was too inappropriate to call anyone in England at the moment. He let out a loud sigh, beginning to doubt that asking Kristen had been a good idea. At the same time - who else? Who else would have joined him?

He closed his eyes for the umpteenth time, hoping to get some rest before the next day.

*

On the other side of the city, a woman was in the arms of another. And like a certain man, she too struggled to sleep. She was relisting the albums of her memories in her mind. From the first to the last days of their romantic relationship.

Something about them singing together had brought back old memories that she wanted to bury. No matter how hard she tried to move on, she would always remember her very first true love. And how could she not? She had learnt so much from the experience. It had helped her to begin her path of growth as a person. Sometimes she thought how wonderful it would have been if she and Robert had dated years later, rather than in their young years. Perhaps they could have gotten married and started their own family?

She hated how the memories would never be erased from her mind no matter how hard she worked for that. She hated how one day she would tell stories to her children. The children she could have had with Robert if the circumstances had been different from the very beginning.

Get a grip, Kristen! , she scolded herself before glancing at the time on her phone and closing her eyes to sleep.