9

The following week continued normally, with more rehearsals. Soon would come the day where Robert and Kristen would record and hopefully release the cover. They were sure their fans would appreciate it, but they knew also that rumours about the status of their relationship would start yet again.

Nobody would ever leave them alone, and that was a disadvantage of being famous. Robert imagined that if he had married Kristen back in the days when they had been working on the Twilight movies, the media could have destroyed easily their marriage. Or even worse - by the fans. He loved the fans, but he loathed it with burning passion whenever they tried to intervene in his personal life. It was nobody's business but his what he did outside the filming sets and he knew Kristen felt the same way.

It was yet another afternoon full of vocal exercises. This time, however, Kristen was completely unfocused. She struggled to concentrate, even when she had to do the simplest tasks.

"Kristen? Kristen?", Robert was waving his palm in front of her face. Anyone else would have shouted in her face or would have smacked her with an object. Not him. Robert had to be the most patient man on Earth that Kristen knew.

The man waved and waved in front of the woman's face. Yet she was in her own world. She had completely forgotten to sing, being her turn to do so, having focused on how mesmerising her colleague's voice was instead.

"What's wrong, Kristen?", Robert demanded to know, genuinely caring about her wellbeing. He was fretting about whether she could have possibly contracted the virus. If that happened, they would have to put the project on hold, having to undergo a self-quarantine for at least two weeks.

She had no answer to Robert's question. Not until much later on in the week.

It was Sunday, at three o'clock in the afternoon, when Kristen (who was lying on her bed, reading a book) realized that there was a reason why she had been feeling a certain way for the past few days. All she could think whenever she wasn't occupied with literally everything else, was Robert. Robert's voice, Robert's eyes, Robert's this, Robert's that...

At first, she had attempted to brush off the distracting thoughts. Alas, on that faithful Sunday afternoon, while she was reading her book on the bed, next to Dylan, it all came back to her. Memories from many years ago on a set of a certain movie came back to her. The way she had seen Robert.

Suddenly, the pieces of the puzzle were put together.

She had fallen in love with Robert again.

Without any hesitation, she dropped her book on the bed and sprinted downstairs to put her shoes and coat on. She had to go to Robert's place and to confess now before it was too late. Whether or not he felt the same way about her (which she doubted), she had to let it all out. She couldn't bottle it inside of herself.

Dylan glanced at her, raising her eyebrows, "What the fuck?", she muttered under her breath and quickly followed her partner downstairs.

"I have to go, I'll be back soon," Kristen rambled, buttoning up her coat. She was just about to grab her keys when Dylan's question took her aback:

"Are you going again to Robert's?"

As much as she wished she could lie, Kristen didn't have the heart to do it. She slowly nodded her head, "I have to."

Dylan squeezed her lips in a line, "You don't love me anymore? If that's so, just say it, for fuck's sake!"

"N-no, that's not it!", Kristen stuttered in disbelief. "I love you and you know that, Dyl," the words just flew out of her mouth before she could think whether or not what she had said was true.

"You don't! If you did, then you wouldn't leave me all by myself, worried sick about whether or not you'll catch COVID-19!", Dylan burst. She had been holding it all, bottling it up in herself and now she couldn't hide her true feelings anymore. She loved Kristen to the moon and back, but lately, it seemed that her partner did not.

"Just go!", Dylan screamed before Kristen could open her mouth to attempt to justify herself and her actions lately. With that, the blond woman stormed back to their bedroom to gather her belongings. She didn't know where she was going to go, but she couldn't stay in the house any longer. It was clear she was unwanted there. If Kristen loved Robert, then so be it. But it was a shitty thing to drag others and to lie and to manipulate, or so Dylan thought.

Something in Kristen should have snapped. Yet, nothing happened. Not even when Dylan had shut the door upstairs with all the power she possessed. Kristen barely felt anything, such as hurt. Instead, she felt more motivated to run to her car and to drive through the rain. She now had a confession to make.