0

It was early in the morning when Robert Pattinson had the sudden idea that was going to change the lives of everyone forever. Of course, he knew none of that.

At first, when the idea popped in his mind, he wanted to dismiss it. And he almost did, until he was reminded of it again in the shower.

The particular song he had been listening to on repeat for a while sounded different in his mind. He could hear his own voice instead of the original male vocals, and that perplexed him. It took him the entire afternoon to figure out that perhaps that meant he had to record a cover of that song.

Sounded easy, didn't it?

Alas, the song was a duet. He needed a female vocalist.

But where was he going to find one? No one would work on a project amid a pandemic that encouraged people to stay inside to flatten the curve. Of course, he had a girlfriend, but he knew she wouldn't be interested in the project. And all of his other friends were busy with their own families and hobbies.

He wondered whether it was even worth it. He assumed he was going to forget about it in a heartbeat. And so he tried to distract himself with anything. But the song just wouldn't get out of his mind. And the way he imagined his voice instead of the original male vocals! It wasn't going to leave him alone, no matter how much he wanted to.

There had grown a part of him that ached to accomplish this "in the spur of the moment" type of project and he wasn't going to rest until he finished it. Now, if only he could find a partner to help him it would be perfect.

He was sitting on the swing on the back porch of the house he shared with his girlfriend of almost two years when he remembered. How could he have forgotten? There was indeed a person who was perfect for the part. But were they going to agree? If they rejected, then the whole project had to be scrapped.

With no other choice left, he called the number, hoping the person would pick up and agree. He desperately needed it.