15. Ricorrere

My eyes hold onto him for a few moments. Without me knowing, my hands move on their own and touch the handle of the glass doors. I blink a few times trying to shake off the gorgeous image of him standing in the snow and turn towards the Cullens. Even though they look tense and nervous, they look at me understandingly and Carlisle slowly nods his head.

My eyes glide to my glowing hand and I slowly open the glass doors. I pull an emotionless look upon my face and gracefully step onto the patio. From the corner of my eye I can see his head raise up and his body tense at my movement. His eyes bore into me with such intensity that it makes my head spin slightly while I turn towards the awaiting black cloak. Despite his infatuation he remains rooted in his place patiently waiting for me to join him.

Slowly I step forward and climb down the sleek concrete stairs. My body moves elegantly and my feet gracefully step one in front of another. I clench my fists out of nervousness as I stop a few feet in front of him and glide my ruby orbs towards his wistful ones.

A strange feeling overwhelms me as I realize that now we are alone. All alone. No family, no friends, no alliances keeping us apart anymore. We stand as equal and peaceful individuals in the middle of the forest. Now we can no longer hide the attraction and can unleash everything we have been holding in this whole time.

I feel my world twist at the sight of his gaze on me. So close. Yet so far. I can’t even realize how long we have been standing there looking at each other with such passion and lust. Even though neither of us makes a slight movement we both understand our feelings and attraction to one another. He can see that I am still fighting against the urge to fall into this affection and I know that he already gave in and accepted me as a part of him.

I feel myself giving up as I realize that I can’t control myself anymore. I decide that it is my turn to make the first move. I slowly part my lips as I finally whisper the name I have been earning to say out loud for what feels like eternity.

“Alec.” Short, angelic, enchanting voice leaves my lips and I notice what kind of effect this one word has on him. His face loses every single feeling and his body relaxes at the sound of my voice whispering his name. He overcomes his daze and regains his composure.

“Selena.” He greets me back and I feel myself slipping away while hearing him saying my name with such love and warmness.

A captivating smile spreads across my face and makes him bite his lip. He steps closer and suddenly stops as if trying to restrain himself, but my pearly white smile drives him forward and he slowly and gracefully walks towards me. I look up at him as he stops right in front of me. Just a few inches keep us apart. He raises his glowing marble hand and tucks a delicate chocolate curl behind my ear. He breathes in through his teeth and whispers once again.

“I have finally found you.” His words send shivers down my spine, but I control myself and keep my body tensed. But his sweet and intoxicating smell wraps all around me and I finally give in and let my guard down.

My eyes follow his hand as it slides slowly across my shoulder and down my arm leaving a burning sensation that drives me crazy. He stops at my palms and gently intertwines our hands together. I look intensively as his hands caress mine with such gentleness and love, but his eyes never leave my face. I look up at him once again and get lost in his captivating burgundy orbs.

“I have been waiting for you.. for so long..” his voice sounds like heaven bells to my ears. I purse my lips together trying to control my urges and instincts as his presence makes me lose my mind. “Now that I know you are real, now that I met you, I can’t just simply.. leave.” he takes a deep unneeded breath and a river of striking words spill out of his soul. “I have been looking for you for centuries and I am not leaving until I give away everything my heart holds for you.”