20. Il vero amore

I bite my lip out of excitement and pleasure as I gently put my hands on Alec’s, which strangle my waist tightly. A soft and light chuckle escapes my throat and brings a smile to the handsome boy’s lips.

“Indeed you have.” I exclaim happily and with a blink of an eye turn around in his arms to look at him straight into his angelic face.

“It wasn't hard though.” He smirks cheekily and presses me closer to his body. “My heart always knows where you are and my body follows its lead without any doubts or resistance–“

“Or thinking.” I interrupt him playfully and force an even bigger smile upon his face.

“I believe that is where you are wrong.” He leans in and presses his forehead against mine. “I am always thinking about you.” He breathes out a cold gust of air and looks into my eyes. Then he gently regains his posture and leans back. His soft hand caresses my cheek and I close my eyes enjoying the feeling. A playful thought crosses my mind and a huge smirk curls on my face as I open my eyes and look at him.

“Well, I am flattered. But you sir, have never flashed once in my mind though.” I say slyly and can’t hide my smile anymore. Alec pulls me closer and laughs huskily.

“Haven’t I? Such a shame.” He smiles widely. “I guess I will have to conquer it completely.”

“Really, now? And how will you achieve this?” I laugh silently and wrap my arms around his torso. He leans in closer and whispers near my cheek.

“I have my ways…” His lips softly touch my skin and I breathe in deeply.

“They certainly are very effective.” My soft laugh flows through the warm and sweet air and Alec’s eyes find mine once again.

“So, my lady, do you find your room endurable?” He asks me with a smile.

“Yes, of course! It’s beautiful here. The architecture, decorations, furniture, and surroundings – everything is just magnificent.” My smile falls a little bit as a slight glare forms on my face. “But, unfortunately the residents of the castle are very nosy and paranoid. And a little bit too… Sticky and persistent.”

“Yes. That is true. But believe me, not all of them are this way. Wait till you meet my sister; she is definitely a delicate yet thorny persona.” He laughs adorably at his own joke. “But I think you will get along great, despite the past choices.” His words make me remember when on the day of the Volturi arrival she used her power against me in order to destroy my family. I bite my lip to stop myself from growling. And if Alec is saying the truth I suppose I might be able to give her a chance. If she is able to give one to me.

“So.. I sensed that Caius was in your room.” Alec says rather shyly while his eyes examine the ground and his hands fiddle with my hips. My heart flutters as I feel jealousy radiating off of him, but stay clueless, silent and let him finish. “What happened there? Was he offensive? Immoral? Did he do anything to you?” I laugh loudly at his adorable protectiveness and possessiveness and gently touch his hands trying to calm him and get him to loosen his grip on me.

“Whoa, there! Nothing happened… Almost.. He just expressed his distrust in me and.. our love.” My voice gets quiet at the end of my sentence and I can feel Alec’s muscles tense up.

“And what did you say to him?” He says through his teeth.

“I opposed his statement, of course! What he said was a disrespectful and imprudent. And I believe.. I might have slapped him.. a little bit.” My red eyes glister with a mischievous spark and my lips curl into a smirk as does Alec’s.

“He deserved it. I believe he is thrown of track because of what happened earlier on. He does not believe that what once were enemies are now destined to be together. He does not believe in love. He never experienced it. I believe he even fears it. That’s why instead of finding his mate he made himself one. Just like Aro did.” He says bitterly and glares at something behind me.

“When you think about it, it’s rather sad.” I say softly and his ruby red eyes find mine. “This might be the fact why he is perpetually angry. He does not have an ability and he does not have a true mate. All he has is his post and leadership. He became paranoid that someone might take it away and is trying to protect it any means necessary.” Alec nods in approval and I can feel his anger diminishing. “And what is the worst – he will never experience what we have.” I say and Alec’s eyes light up as a lovely smile brightens his face.

“And what is it that we have, Serena?” His arms wrap around me and bring me closer to him as his minty breath engulfs my surroundings.

“True love.” All I am able to manage is a little whisper. He smiles as if he already knew the answer. His face comes closer to mine and a cold gasp of air gets stuck in my empty lungs.

“Eternal true love.” He corrects my words and looks deep into my eyes asking for permission, as if he needed it. My eyes travel down from his lust filled eyes to his perfectly carved lips as my head nods an imperceptible ‘yes’. Without another word his lips gently collide with mine.

For the first time in my life I feel like my knees are about to give out. For the first time in my undead life I feel my heart beating again. Our bodies, our lips move in sync like we were made for each other. His hand travels from my waist to the side of my head deepening the kiss. I tangle mine in his thick chocolate hair and press myself against him. With his other hand he easily lifts me up and I feel myself landing onto the soft, wooden rail of the bridge. This way he makes it impossible for me to escape his sweet embrace. As if I would ever even think of doing it.

His hands travel up and down the sides of my body and send shivers down my spine. He is so gentle, so passionate, so patient, he makes me feel so loved and desired that I feel myself slipping away into something I have never felt before.

I feel like this is where I really belong, right here in his arms. Like without each other we will become weak, fall apart, cease to exist. We are each other’s life, world and family. We were destined to be together.

His arms around my body, his lips caressing mine – I belong to him. My arms playing with his hair and my legs straddling his waist – he belongs to me.

All the thoughts about back home, the family, friends I left and the deal I made flow away and vanish into the past without a possibility to return. All I know that what I desperately need to survive, to feel, to live is him. All these chaotic thoughts collide and I finally realize my decision.

My hands wrap tighter around Alec’s neck and my delicate body presses against his strong and muscular one as it sends warm shivers down my spine and forces a silent yet genuine moan from Alec.

I am staying.