11. Collisione

A cloud of black coats launch into an attack towards us. The leaders stay rooted in their place. They think they won’t have to fight. But they are dead wrong. I fasten my pace and clench my fists.  From the corner of my eye I see Edward jumping into the air. I tighten my fist and swing my hand back.

The two covens collide.

Hell itself opens. I punch the first vampire that came into my view. He flies into the air and a wolf catches him. I notice another one coming my way, but Emmet jumps in front and takes him off my hands. I use this opportunity and locate Aro. I smirk and launch myself at him. I run at my top speed avoiding fists and kicks flying my way. I drop to my knees and gracefully slide under a hand trying to grab me. I stand up elegantly, lock my grip around a neck of one of Volturi guards and crash him heavily into the ground.

I feel hands grabbing me from behind, but I free myself with a strong punch into its stomach with my elbow. I jump over him and while I’m floating in mid-air, I grab his neck. I harshly turn my hands and rip of his head. A petrified body falls to my feet. I whip my head around as I feel someone coming behind me.

The same tall and menacing vampire, who killed Irina dashes towards me with brutal strength. I stiffen and realize that I won’t be able to flee or fight him. I invoke my gift and extend my both hands towards him. Controlled by my power, he stops instantly. I smirk and quickly part my hands into different sides. Affected by my movement his hands rip off and fly away from his body. He screams loudly as I stretch my right hand towards him again and clench my fist thus ending his life completely. His head falls close to my feet as the rest of his body collapses on the ground.

I throw myself at the leaders again. A hand comes into my view, but unfortunately I am not able to avoid it. My neck connects with the vampires elbow and I fall to the ground. I get up fast enough thought and evade a hand coming my way. I turn around and my eyes lock with Demetri. I remember Edwards’s lesson, when he said, that a man named Demetri is an expert tracker. Unless you kill him, you never get away. Now I understand what Edward meant. As long as Demetri is alive, the Volturi will track down Renesmee with Jacob and kill them no matter where in the world they would be. We must get rid of him.

“Amore mio..” Demetri smirks seductively and whispers. “I don’t wish to hurt you. Surrender and we shall welcome you into our coven.” I snarl darkly and lunge at him trying to punch him, but he is much faster than any of his coven members I have collided with. He easily catches my arm, twirls me around and my back smashes against his chest. He grabs my wrists and wraps his arms around my body restraining me so I wouldn’t be able to move. He leans in and whispers into my ear. “I, more than anyone, don’t want to harm such a beauty.”

Before I am able to use my power, I feel him being ripped off of me with great force. I turn around expecting to see Edward, Emmet or anyone of our alliance, but stop in my tracks as I realize who have just saved me.

“Get your hands off her.” Alec growls darkly. Demetri snarls and attacks Alec, but the boy holds his ground and slowly opens his palms. The attacker falls to the ground unconscious. My eyes grow wide, but suddenly I realize. Sense deprivation. Even I can feel it since my vision and hearing weakens. His gift is extremely powerful if I can’t completely deaden it. We stare at each other for what feels like hours when I finally break the moment and dash away. This is not the right time.

I see fatal fights going on all around me and I am not able to drain them out of my sight. I notice Edward fighting Demetri, Alice trying to escape from the Volturi grasp, Jane and Bella’s fight. But I must not pay attention right now. I must concentrate on bringing down the main leader, than everything will be much easier to take care off. I hope.

I darken my glare and snarl as I jump in front of Aro. He looks at me amused as his face forms a sinister smile.

“My dear Selena..” He whispers. “Please, consider our offer, before something terrible happens.” He steps forward a few steps and straightens his coat. “It would be tremendous waste to destroy such a remarkable beauty together with an extraordinary gift.”

I don’t answer and clench my fists. A growl rips out of my throat as my body launches at him.