Chapter Twenty-Eight

3 weeks later

Scarlett

"Home sweet home," My mom looked back at me from the front of the car in the passenger seat as we drove down our long driveway.

One month. That's how long it has been since I have been back in my own house, my own room, and my own bed. Oh, how I missed my sweet, sweet mattress.

Phoenix squeezed my hand, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Welcome home baby," He placed a soft kiss on my forehead before I followed his eyes that were looking out the car window.

"Oh my god," My hand went over my mouth in surprise, seeing Lily, Mia, Luke, Jackson, and all my aunts and uncles standing around a big sign in our front yard with flowers and balloons.

"You guys did this all for me?"

Ryder chimed in on my other side. "Of course, we did. You're finally back where you belong....with your family."

I stared over at him with tears forming in my eyes. "Ry, who knew you could be so sweet."

He grinned, shaking his head. "It's a once in a while kind of thing."

My lips curved into a small smile before my dad parked over by the garage. "And we are back," He said with excitement in his voice.

Phoenix opened the door, getting out first before he slid me over to try and help me out of the car.

I raised a brow. "Nix, I can get out of the car myself."

"Mhm, but the doctor said to take it easy still and not do any intense activities right off the bat."

"Babe, getting out of the car is not intense."

"Well, it could be if you fell or something."

"The only reason I would fall is because of you standing in the way of the door."

Jackson stood behind his brother with a smirk. "Nurse Phoenix is back at it again."

Nix looked over his shoulder, shooting him a glare as a quiet giggle escaped me. He whipped his head back in my direction, cocking his head to the side. Not a single word was said to me, but the way he was staring into my eyes made my core drip and my body tingle. I knew what that look meant because it was one I had been desperate to see once again since I ended up in the hospital. My body craved him like a starving animal, ready to pounce at their prey at any given moment. I missed his touch. I needed his touch.

"Scar!" Mia and Lily ran over, pushing Nix out of the way. "Get your sexy ass out of there already," Mia smiled.

I shook my head, chuckling as I saw Nix look on grumpily while the two of them helped me down. "I'm so glad you're home," Lily gently put her arms around me.

"Me too," I spoke softly as the emotions of being home kicked in. It felt so damn good.

Mia came up behind me to hug me from the back. I was now wrapped in a comfort sandwich.