Chapter Eight

Scarlett

I was hanging out in Jackson's room with him and Luke as they played some game on tv. I had been instructed to be their extra pair of eyes as they played, so I was lounging back in a giant bean bag chair doing my best.

"Look out behind you," I sat up, pointing at the screen

"Who are you talking to?" Jackson panicked in confusion.

"Luke!"

He snapped his head towards me. "What? Oh shit! Motherfucker!" A guy in the game ran up behind Luke and killed him.

I cringed as I felt both their eyes burning holes through me. "What?"

Jackson furrowed his brows. "It probably would have helped if you said who you were talking to in the first place, ya know?"

"Hey, all you said was to be a lookout, and I wasn't sure who was who for a second! Also, with the way Luke has been playing, he would have died anyway," I smiled cheekily.

Luke quickly chucked a pillow at me. "Shut up!"

"Ooooh, she's got you there, man," Jackson chuckled.

I shook my head with an arched brow. "Don't you start talking, Jack. You weren't any better."

"Hey!" He yelled grumpily.

"Ooooh, she's got you there, Jack," Luke repeated in a mocking tone.

Just then, we heard a bunch of gunfire coming from the TV and looked back to see Jackson was killed off in the game too. "Damnit! You guys distracted me," He groaned.

"Whoops," I said before Luke and I broke out into a fit of laughter.

"Hello, youngsters," Lily came waltzing into the room.

"Hiiii," Mia was trailing right behind her, plopping down beside me on the bean bag. She gave me a small arm hug while Lily sat between Jackson and Luke on the sofa.

I smiled. "Hey guys, what have you been up to today?"

Lily let out a big yawn. "Sleeping."

"All day? It's almost dinner," Jack looked at her rather unimpressed.

"I need my beauty sleep, Jacky."

"Maybe you should go back to sleep then," Luke teased.

"Ha-ha," She stuck out her tongue as we all chuckled.

I turned my head to Mia. "What about you?"

She shrugged. "Just binged some of Grey's Anatomy in bed. Back at school, I had no time to do that, so I'm taking advantage of being lazy."

"You should have told me, and I would have come over to be lazy with you. I was stuck with these two meanies all day."

Jackson let out a short laugh. "Says the bully!"