Chapter 31- POV Louis: Freedom

Love isn't about finding the perfect person.

Because, if you are measuring perfection based on society's standards, nobody is ever perfect, even though everyone spends their lives striving to reach a level of acceptance that is physically impossible, and destroy themselves from the inside doing so.

No, love isn't about finding that person who is void of flaws, or who is, in a social sense, perfect. 

Love, in its entirety, is about finding someone who is overwhelmingly imperfect, but willing to grow and learn with you, and it's about finding that person perfect- complete with all of their flaws and imperfections.

It's not about changing someone, or "perfecting" them; it's just seeing the person, whom you wish to spend your life with, and who would break the universe to see you smile, it's about seeing them, an imperfect human being, perfectly.

Harry, in my very broken and flawed mind, is... perfect. He is all that is perfect and all that is sweet and kind and funny just plain weird, but I love him with all of the love my heart could ever wish to possess. I love him with a passion that could silence the world, a passion only seen in storybooks and movies. 

A raging, fiery, bittersweet, all-consuming passion called love.

This thing, called love, makes you do crazy things, brave things, things you would never dream of doing otherwise.

And this thing called love is what caused me to find myself frantically dialing Harry's phone number after remembering everything; this thing called love made me try to convince him to come back to me; this thing called love made me tremble in fear when Harry hung up the phone without saying a word, this thing called love paralyzed me on the ride home from the hospital, unwilling to let even a single tear fall, but simultaneously unwilling to allow a smile to sneak past my lips. 

Love left me... terrified.

__________

A hollow knock echoes through the house. I wince, the sound pulsating through my head, and putting pressure on my skull. 

Mum is at work again today, and the girls are at the neighbor' house, so I'm home alone, forcing me to be the one to answer the door. I rise, rubbing my temples forcefully, and open the thin wooden door. A heavy gust of wind flies towards me, setting my teeth off in a rhythmic chattering and my shoulders in an uneven trembling.

And, almost as if in a movie, I glance up. 

Time stops. The whole world no longer exists. 

And I am merely a boy in love, gazing into alluring eyes as serene as morning dew, as dreamy as a starry night, the eyes of another boy in love staring back at me. 

His curls flop playfully over his eyes, and he pushes them aside. His eyebrows are raised in suspense. His lips twitch, unsure of whether to break into a childish grin or to deepen into a somber frown. My stomach does backflips, and my jaw gently falls open. 

It's Harry.

When he sees my eyes are shining lustfully, he reaches out and pulls me towards him.

We embrace, which says more than words ever could.

I nuzzle my face into his shoulder, and inhale his sweet scent, letting it flow through my lungs and awakening me, finally allowing my heart to open and love fully.

He tenderley rubs my back and holds me tight, almost like he's afraid I could be taken from him.

It's only after a few more minutes, when Harry notices I am shivering violently, do we separate. He glares at me playfully, saying with his eyes, You should have said something if you were cold. I giggle.

Harry pulls me inside my house, and when he notices me rubbing my temples again, sits me on the couch. As he makes me tea, he explains.

"So... I gave up everything. I know you didn't ask, but I did it anyways. I'm staying at Niall's for a few nights, and I'll figure something out for the rest of the school year. My parents won't care. I'll talk to them, say goodbye to them and to Gemma, but they could care less about my wellbeing. But Louis," He looks at me, eyes glittering and grinning like a child. "We can be together. Officially. Without the sneaking in windows, without the late night secret phonecalls- I mean we can still have late night phone calls, don't get me wrong, I would love that- But the point is, no more secrets. And for the most part... we're free."

He takes a mug out of the cabinet and places it on the counter, all the while maintaining eye contact. Striding over to me and gently pulling me up to standing, he leans his forehead against mine, wrapping his arms around my waist. 

"Lou, baby. We're free." He whispers into my ear, sending a shiver down my spine as a grin spreads subconsciously across my face.

My eyebrows furrow, and I whisper back, "You'd really risk all that... for me?"

"You're always going to be worth the risk, my love." His fingers brush through my hair sweetly, and his eyes crinkle when he notices the grin return to my face.

His top teeth gently bite down on his bottom lip, and I lean in, whispering so quietly I can barely hear myself, "If you bite your lip one more time, I'm going to do it for you."

He giggles mischievously, then slowly opens his mouth to bite his lip again, torturing me with the suspense.

"Oh, you didn't-" I scold playfully, and nearly dive towards him to meet our mouths.

My stomach fills with thousands of butterflies that frolic around, and our lips mold together perfectly, synchronously dancing over each other with a lust and passion I so dearly missed.

The odds of existing in general are slim. So the odds of Harry and I existing at the same time must be next to impossible, and I think that's beautiful. 

Maybe the universe does work in my favor after all, because I get the chance to know him.

{Comment and Vote!}