seven

—

dallas helps me out of the car, and we head inside. not having the energy to walk up the stairs, i sit in the red lit room at the bar.

"i'll be back" dallas says as he jogs up the stairs and into his room, grabbing the alcohol that i had used before to help him.

buck hands me a cup of water while i wait.

"sheldons friends?" buck asks while drying some glasses. people will be in soon, it's getting late.

"yep" i say, popping the p. i drink the water in one chug, and put the glass down.

dallas finally comes back down with the towel and bottle of alcohol.

"alright, this is gonna hurt" he says with a smile, mimicking me from earlier.

he puts his fingers on my chin, lifting my head so that he can access the wound.

i gasp as the towel is pressed on, feeling the burning from the cleaning alcohol.

"i'm sorry, doll" he whispers while patting my neck. he finishes, bringing the towel down.

"let's go upstairs" he say, putting his hand out for me to grab.

i feel like some old woman as he helps me up the stairs.

he opens the door and throws the towel to the floor, and puts the bottle of alcohol on his dresser.

i stand there awkwardly.  he leans against his wall, crossing his arms.

"you gotta lift your shirt up" he says, motioning his hand upward.

"nice try, winston" i say laughing.

"nah, man, i'm serious. i gotta look at them bruises."

my eyes widen, and i realize he's right. i sigh and begin lifting my shirt, stopping it just under my bra.

he walks over and puts his cold large hand on my waist, looking at them.

"they aren't too bad. i've had worse" he says as he stands. i put my shirt down.

"no kidding" i reference to his bullet wounds. "speaking of, how are those healing up?"

"good, man. with the stitches they heal up pretty quickly."