fourteen

—

i walk back into my room, shutting my door in dallas' face and locking it. i hear him chuckle from the other side.

i quickly change into a simple what crop top with some light blue-ish jeans. i put my hands in my hair, fluffing it.

i walk out and meet dallas in the living room "sad i missed the show" he says with a fake look of disappointment.

"shut up" i giggle, taking a drink from the orange juice in the fridge.

"whatdya wanna do today?" he asks, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"good question" i reply as i open the curtains in the living room, peering outside.

it's real nice out.

"how about you come meet devin?" i ask, wanting him to know dal isn't so bad.

"not sure if that's a good idea," he says, taking out a new cigarette. he passes me one as well.

"why's that?" i ask, waiting for him to light it.

he does, then lights his and takes a drag before answering.

"might have to beat the kid for givin that to ya"

i roll my eyes at his response. "real funny, dal."

i walk up to him and snatch his keys from his pocket. i run out the door with them, cigarette still in hand.

i'm not that fast, and the smoking doesn't help, but dal isn't very fast either.

i huff and puff as i run down the street, dallas chasing after me. i go towards bucks, where dallas car would be. i can hear his heavy footsteps behind me.

i don't get far before dallas tackles me to the ground.

he pins my down, breathing heavily. we sit there for a moment, both of us trying to catch our breath.

"ill take these" he says as he then grabs his keys from my hand. he gets up and dusts himself off; i do the same.

"come on dal," i pout "i really want him to meet you."

"oh, really?" he asks, smashing his now broken cigarette on the ground. "why so badly?"

"because..you're a good friend of mine" i lie.