48: space

(a/n: lmao me reading through the prolifer comments like 😁 🔪 )

It's been 3 weeks since I've seen Judd. 3 Weeks. He refuses to see me and either leaves me on seen when I send him a message or just replies very bluntly. I didn't know how much time he needed but I was getting sick and tired of this. Sick and tired of him acting this way because of a small pregnancy scare, we could've worked through it together but he decided to keep his distance instead.

So I decided to go to his house, it was the only way I was going to actually communicate to him face to face. Leah had called me a couple times asking why I hadn't come over in a while but I always told her that I was busy with school and she wouldn't inquire further.

The weather was quite cloudy and it looked like a storm was coming, so I hoped I could talk to Judd and get back home before I got stuck walking home in the middle of a storm. I brushed a strand of hair behind my ear and proceeded to knock on the door. It reminded me of when I first got here and there was a storm and Leah had opened the door when I had come to get shelter, that felt like years ago now.

Surprisingly it was Mr Birch who opened the door, looking at me with kind eyes he told me to come in. "You're always welcome here." He said warmly. I shuffled awkwardly on the spot and then said,
"I've got to go to speak to Judd."
He nodded understandingly and I walked up the stairs and glanced at the bathroom where I had done that fucking nerve wracking test a few weeks ago. Just thinking about it made me nervous again.

I stood now outside Judd's door, hearing movement from inside. I knocked once, but didn't hear any response so I knocked again. When no one said anything I finally decided to speak. "Judd it's me, can I please come in." I spoke softly like I did with him when we were alone.

"You know you're so beautiful." Judd whispered in my ear, we were cuddled up in bed and he was playing with my hair by wrapping it around his finger and then watching it twirl as it got loose.
"Really?" I turn around so that I was facing him and he leant down and pressed his forehead against mine.
"Yeah. Really beautiful." He was speaking so softly that I wondered if it was really Judd Birch I was talking to, but I couldn't help but feel my heart beat quicken.

At that memory I felt tears trickle out of my eyes. I wanted us to be like that again but he was ignoring me and it hurt like hell. The door opened and I was confronted with a Judd who was getting ready for bed, he was shirtless and had a pair of black joggers on which were slightly sagging. They were his comfort joggers, he had told me so once when he leant them to me.

"What do you want." He said bluntly. As if I meant nothing to him.
"What do I want? WHAT DO I WANT?!" I spoke incredulously, I could not believe him. How dare he take that tone with me after treating me the way that he did for the past 3 weeks.
"Yeah, you heard me."
"I WANT MY FUCKING BOYFRIEND BACK!" I shouted furiously, not caring about Leah who had just opened her door and was now staring at us with a confused but worried look on her face. Tears were now flooding down my cheeks and were unstoppable.
"Lower your voice."
"I'm sorry w-what?" My voice cracked and I choked back a sob that was rising in my throat.
"You heard me-"
"Of course I f-fucking did, but you're making no sense!?" I watched his face contort into something of discomfort, I could tell that he was holding back.
"Don't act like a fucking child." He spat, I widened my eyes.

"Please let me go, my wrist hurts." I cried as my father dragged me to the closet.
"Don't act like a fucking child." He spat.

I shook my head, wiping my tears from my face. Not believing the words that were about to leave my mouth. "Let's just break up."
"What?" His eyes were wide and I could finally see some reaction from him.
"You heard me." I replied, lowering my head so that I wasn't making eye contact with him.
"You're not serious?" He replied, his voice shaking with anger. Just after he had finished speaking the sound of thunder filled the house, I squinted knowing that I'd probably have to leave soon to avoid getting stuck in the rain.
"Oh dead serious, if this is how you're going to treat me, I'm done." I lifted my head to finally look at him to see tears trickling from his eyes.

It broke me to see him cry, so I turned around and sprinted down the stairs and to the front door. After I opened it I saw the rain pouring down outside and heard the sound of footsteps approaching from behind me. When I saw that Judd was running after me, I ran out into the rain.

"Just let me go Judd. I'm done. Don't make this more painful than it already is!" I shouted feeling the rain hitting me, drenching my clothes and hair- making it stick to my face. I wanted to just scream and collapse but I managed to contain it and ran off.

To my surprise Judd followed after me, "Come back inside (Y/n), we can talk it out!" He caught up with me and grabbed my hands. He had a look of desperation plastered on his face, but I had to ignore it.

"There's nothing to talk about Judd." I slipped my hands out of his and walked off, leaving him standing in the rain.