10: knife

I tip toed down the corridor and waited for another sound so that I knew whereabouts to go. There was suddenly a clatter in the kitchen and I took a deep breath, regulating my heartbeat and stopping my hands from shaking harder.

"Hello?!" I cried out, my voice cracking. There was no reply so I pointed the gun in front of me and turned the corner into the kitchen, quickly switching the light on.

There was no one there, so I began to walk around to inspect the area, I then noticed the window in the kitchen had been smashed. "Shit!" I whispered and avoided the glass shards on the floor.

Everything was making me very very anxious, even hearing my own footsteps at times made my heart skip a beat. Just as I was about to turn around to walk back towards the basement hands slithered around my neck from behind me and pressed a something cold and sharp to my throat. I stopped breathing, my heart beating like a drum in my ears. "Nice to see you- no I'm not going to lie, I fucking hate you." Steph, STEPH was holding a knife to my throat. I mustered a wheeze as I'd completely lost my voice due to how scared I was.

If I made a sudden move it would trigger a chain reaction and lead to me bleeding out on the floor until I was completely dry. "Now, I don't want to wake Jessi up and I know it's only you two in the house so we can do this the easy way or the hard way." I was relieved that she didn't know Judd was here as well.
"Please don't do this! I don't understand you were in the wrong at school, you insulted my dead mum!" I cried out, she slapped her hand on my mouth and tilted my head back a little by force, positioning me better so that she could slit my throat easier. I was trying to shout whilst she muffled my voice but it was just pissing her off more and more.

If I could just get out of this position I could beat her easily. Just as she was about to reply a knock at a door was heard throughout the house, I thanked god and waited for Steph to react to it.
"What the fuck was that?" She snapped, tilting my head back up straight and I shrugged, not being able to talk.

Jessi suddenly walked out of the corridor, gasping when she saw what was happening. I screamed at her to run and she did as she was told, her footsteps becoming quickly more distant. Steph widened her nostrils and angrily let go of me, beginning to chase after Jessi. "RUN JESS!" I scream again and stick out my leg to successfully trip Steph up as she was running towards the stairs, "You're fucking crazy." I spat furiously as she scrambled back onto her feet.

Her head turned in my direction, when we made eye contact I could see the fire behind her eyes and I swallowed the lump in my throat. Her next move was to pounce on me, my back bit the wooden floor and I lost the wind in my lungs. On one hand I was more than relieved that she had stopped her chase for Jessi-who was probably going to be scarred from this and I made a mental note to make it up to her somehow, but for now my main priority was not getting stabbed. I held Steph's arms away from me as she began thrashing around to try and jab her knife into my stomach. When she was this close to me I looked into her eyes and saw then bloodshot, her pupils were also very dilated. That would explain Stephanie Maddock's behavior, she was on cocaine. "STEPH GET THE FUCK OFF ME!" I screamed, squirming around and using the last of my strength to hold her back.

Then my arms buckled and the knife barely missed me, slicing the side of my hip. I gritted my teeth and tried to hold back my screams as I applied pressure to the cut. Just as she was about to grab the knife again she was yanked away from me and thrown against a wall like a rag doll. Her head made a deafening thud against the plaster and she tumbled to the ground unconscious.

Judd loomed over me with a furious expression, I didn't know what to do but the knife had made a pretty deep cut and I felt the blood seeping through Judd's shirt that I was wearing. I wheezed raggedly, trying to regain a normal breathing pattern. "You fucking bitch! I knew I should've come with you." He seethed under his breath- I still heard it though and I could see his teeth slightly grinding when he had finished talking. My breath hitched in my throat and I pushed back the tears that threatened to spill down my cheeks.
"Fuck you Judd, if you're not going to help you can get the fuck out of here!" I choked on a sob, slightly horrified at how he had the guts to actually say that to me in the state I was in. My whole body began to tremble violently and I felt his one of his hands on my thigh, tracing circles with his thumb as if this was a sign that he wasn't going anywhere. I squirmed and began losing consciousness as well, black spots beginning to fill my vision.
"(Y/n) stay with me, (Y/n)?!"

Judd shook his head and sighed shakily his facade cracking, "Fuck, Fuck!" He looked panicked as soon as he looked down at my hip. It seemed as if he honestly didn't know what to do, I had to remind him- using all the strength I had left.
"H-Hos-Pital." I chocked, tasting the disgusting metallic taste in my mouth- he frantically nodded, pulling out his phone and dialing 911.

I could barely focus but I lifted my head a little to see how bad the slice on my hip was and winced, a small pool of blood had formed that had gushed out from between my fingers. Judd noticed me looking and took control, beginning to apply pressure to it. I bit down on my lip to stop a full blown scream come out of my mouth, he noticed my pain and began to mumble on his words. "I-It's going to be ok (Y/n). The ambulance is coming." His voice was low but still trembled.
"O-Ok." I gave him a small smile but he just flared his nostrils angrily.
"I'm going to fucking kill that slut!" He growled like an animal and I reached to grab his free hand, intertwining it with mine affectionately. He seemed to relax a little when I did so and I was relieved it had helped a little in some way.

"Judd look after Jessi for a couple days please, I trust you." I weakly smiled before letting the dark spots take over my vision and my body slump.