32: protective

My dad smirked but then a dark shadow of disgust passed over his face and I flinched. Judd grabbed my hand and squeezed it to show that he was going to protect me, I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. My whole body had stopped shaking ever since Judd had showed up. 
"Who's this young fellow, I see you haven't introduced me yet. That's a bit rude don't you think?" Dad said, shaking off Judd's grip and lowering his arm slowly. 
"Didn't you hear what I said? Get out of my fucking sight." Judd replied and I dug my head in his back so that I was partially hidden. 
"I don't think you'd be able to do anything-"
"Stop it! You're scaring Jessi!" Shannon yelled at us, I snapped my head in their direction just to see Jessi also hiding behind Shannon. I felt a pang of empathy before realising that it was actually Shannon who had let this monster in this house in the first place. 

"I'm not the one who let him visit." I heard how venomous my voice sounded and wished I could've said it a bit more softer. I couldn't help it though, the whole situation was triggering everything that I had repressed over the past few months. Shannon widened her eyes and I walked over to her, grabbed my luggage and walked out. I had my gaze fixed on the pavement and listened to the soft rumble of the luggage dragging along the concrete, 

"She'll be staying with me until he's left." Judd growled, looking around at everyone before following me out of the door. As soon as the door slammed shut behind him he ran up and grabbed me by the waist. I turned around and slammed my lips onto his, just wanting to feel his warmth. His kiss was comforting and I eased up instantly, letting all the tension out of my shoulders, wrapping my arms around his neck to deepen it. 

When we pulled away he leaned forward and placed his forehead on mine. "Thank you Judd." I whispered, placing a weak smile on my lips. He chuckled and kissed my forehead lightly, I had to say that I was curious as to why he had come over but I didn't have the guts to ask right now. 
"I was coming over to see if you had safely arrived home, I missed you." It was as if he had read my mind, I thanked him again by giving him a little peck on the lips. 

We made our way over to the Birch household in Judd's car, but he seemed to have taken a detour because we were going the complete opposite direction. Furthermore, he had placed his hand on my thigh and was squeezing it lightly, I smiled and placed my hand on top of his. His head turned to look at me with one of those special smiles that he reserved only for me. 
"Retarded faggot were going to see the view over the valley." He spoke softly but his tone was still the low pitch growl from earlier. 
"When he gives you romantic nicknames and takes you special places." I pulled a sarcastic sappy face and heard his let out a small chuckle before lifting his hand and playfully punching me, I smirked and added, "Watch it mister, eyes on the road." It was my desperate attempt to lighten the mood a little and I was happy that it had worked. I couldn't stand having any uncomfortable tension in this car, where I usually felt safe. 
"Why would I look at the road when I can look at you."
"Maybe because we don't want to die." I laughed and rolled my eyes, leaning my arm on the door and gazing at the scenery that was passing by, it was mainly suburbs and houses with their lights on as the families inside ate dinner peacefully and watched TV happily, I had almost forgotten the last time I had eaten a meal with my family. 

"I made chicken!" Mom called from the kitchen, Dad had just come back from work and was taking off his shoes. Dad and I cheered, Mom usually was so busy with work that she didn't have time to come home and cook a meal for us, but today it looked like she was in an extra good mood. 

I lay the table and grabbed the plates and set them all in their right places, Mom came through to the living room and kissed the top of my head, thanking me for having helped her out. I smiled and turned around to hug her. "Group hug!" My dad cheered and rushed over to hug me and Mom as well. I giggle and told them to stop squishing me. The two of them burst out laughing and let go. I ran to the table and took my seat, so did Dad and we waited patiently for the food. 

That memory pained me but I blinked a couple time and shook my head, trying to think of something else to stop the tears from brimming in my eyes. I wished I could have that sort of life back, Judd noticed that I was deep in thought and messed up my hair, I pulled a small smile and chuckled, telling him to stop because I had brushed it for the first time in weeks this morning and that he was going to mess it up worse than it was before. 

He wasn't lying when he told me we were going to see the view over the valley though, he had taken me once before but this time it was more deserted and peaceful. After he had successfully parked the car he turned to look at me with an excited look in his eyes, I knew he was going to say something that would surprise me, and I had already a vague idea of what it could be. 

"Let's have sex right here right now."

I choked before widening my eyes.