24: Passing notes

"You what...why didn't you just tell me that in the first place?" I asked with a small frown. 
"Because it's embarrassing obviously." Judd rolled his eyes and pushed back the red that had appeared on his cheeks. 
"Hmmmm yeah, but it's also cute." I replied with a proud smile, he playfully messed up my hair and I let out a small chuckle. 

"Do you want to see where I booked for us to go?" He finally said after tickling me for a few minutes, I nodded and snuggled up next to him as he got his computer running again. He closed the tab before the intro to the video began but also so I couldn't see what the actual video was. I knew what the website was though and just at the thought about what he had just told me I let out a small laugh. His head flickered down to look at me but I closed my mouth and held my breath so that I wouldn't burst out laughing. 

"We're going to Italy!" I shouted, a wave of excitement rushing over me. I couldn't believe it, I'd always wanted to go there, I was unsure how he picked such a perfect place but I attacked him with a hug. He chuckled with his attractive low raspy voice and I squealed excitedly. 
"We leave in a couple of weeks, so make sure your bags are packed, I wanted to go as soon as possible." He replied with a sly grin,  I nodded furiously and started jumping around on the bed. 
"Wait...I'll book the hotel seeing as you're paying for the flights." At that sentence Judd chuckled again and shook his head.
"Don't worry about that, my parents covered everything." I couldn't believe what he had just said, the birches had payed for everything. I was going to thank them infinitely from now on. 

[time skip brought to you by cotton candy brandy]

The two weeks that I had waited seemed like the longest ones ever, I spent everyday looking up places where we could go and every day I grew more and more excited, but now we were at the airport and I was literally buzzing. 

Judd had his arm around me protectively as we walked along because he told me he didn't want anyone looking at me and thinking I was single. I loved when this side of him manifested, it made me feel validated, like nothing could hurt me when I was with him. 

I was wearing a pair of comfortable sweatpants with a zip up jumper, which wasn't zipped up and revealed the pretty red crop top that I was wearing underneath. My hair wasn't tied up in a messy bun, instead it was tied up in a sleek high ponytail, I didn't want any hair getting in my face and pissing me off. Plus as much as I love a messy bun, it just falls out easily and I didn't want to have to keep tying it up. 

We boarded the plane safely and took our seats, Judd obviously took the seat nearest to the window, whilst I sat down in the one nearest to the aisle, in case I needed to go to the toilet. I prayed that no one sat in the seat next to me. I connected my headphones to my phone and began listening to some music, not realising that someone had actually taken the seat next to me and was watching me jamming out to my playlist. 

The flight was going to be a long one so I leaned on Judd as a pillow and slowly drifted off into a blissful sleep. 

When I awoke the plane had gone into night mode and everyone was sitting comfortably in their seats silently, either sleeping or watching a movie. This was the moment where I realised that there was someone sitting next to me. My eyes widened when we made eye contact, it was a reasonably tall guy that looked around Judd's and my age, he was wearing a black hoodie and had black hair which was styled a bit like Judd's but was longer so it framed his face nicely. He was listening to music on a pair of White beat headphones that I had my eyes on and wanted to buy for the longest time, I just never had enough money to. His almond eyes looked at me with a surprise, I couldn't help but notice how attractive he was. I was curious about him and for some reason wanted to get to know him, I'd never had such a feeling of curiosity before. 

Judd had fallen asleep and was cutely snoring as I wrote down in my notes on my phone a message for the attractive guy next to me. 

hey, I like your headphones, I wanted to get them but I'm a bit broke 

I prodded him and passed him my phone, he read it and let out a small chuckle. I then saw him type something back to me, he typed extremely fast which made my eyes widen in surprise. He then turned his head to look at me and smiled as he passed the phone back to me. I couldn't deny that his smile was extremely cute and made his whole face light up. 

Thank you! They're actually my friends, but I stole them. My name's Taehyung, but people usually call me Tae. What's your name?

A small quiet chuckle escaped my lips as I read the message, Taehyung, I thought i had heard that name from somewhere but I brushed off the weird feeling and replied. It felt very secretive the way we were talking but it was fun, I felt like a little kid when I did it. Plus I wanted to find out more about Tae. The rest of the conversation went a little like this:

Taehyung's an interesting name, I'm (Y/n). Nice to meet you Tae. Which part of america are you from?

I'm from Korea actually, I was in America on some work business and now I'm heading to Italy for a week of holiday

That's so cool! 

The rest of the conversation was just us asking questions about one another, after a while though he asked if I wanted to play Roblox with him, to which I obviously laughed and agreed. I was really happy I'd found a new friend and that we were getting along so well. 

Judd woke up at one point and asked me what I was doing, he was half asleep so I thought it was best to just say that I was playing a game on my phone. He drowsily nodded and then fell back asleep. In the moment that I had turned my attention away from my phone Tae had killed me on the game we were playing. I gasped dramatically and playfully hit him, he let out a quiet laugh, being careful not to disturb the people around us. 

When the plane staff announced they were landing, me and Tae exchanged numbers and told each other that we would play on Roblox more frequently so that we would keep in touch. Despite this, I had a bad feeling that I was probably never going to see him again, and even though we'd only met on this flight, I'd feel sad if our paths never crossed again.