13: shannon

Judd was fast asleep when I woke up, I was lulled awake by the sound of his heartbeat and the occasional stomach gurgle. I lifted my head up and stared at his sleeping face, it was so adorable. His hair was all over the place and his his head was turned to the side.

I smiled at the fact that his mouth was a little open and I could hear the soft snores that came out of it.

"I know that one day you'll fall in love." My mom said with a gentle smile.
"I doubt it mom, I don't think anyone will want to be with me." I replied sadly, turning my face towards the hospital floor. She shook her head chuckling but then her smile fell and she tilted my chin up to face her with a weak finger. We made eye contact and I saw how serious she was.
"You'll fall in love my darling- I'm sure of it. Whether it be a girl, a boy or anything in between, it will happen and I'm ashamed that I won't be there to see it happen, I wanted to watch you grow up and get married, have kids and live a good life- but unfortunately I can't." A tear fell down her cheek and I instantly embraced her tightly.
"Don't say that mom! You're going to get better!" I exclaimed, holding back sobs as my head lay on her shoulder.

I faded back into reality and saw that Judd was still fast asleep, so I decided that I'd try to sleep some more. Judds arms were wrapped around my waist so I couldn't really move but that didn't matter because I was perfectly comfortable sleeping on him. I gently placed my head back in its original position and whispered to myself before passing out, "Mom was right, I've fallen in love."

"Judd dinners ready!" Mrs Birch's voice made me snap my eyes open and panic, she didn't know I was here. I lifted my head off him and pecked his lips, it was an affectionate move to try and wake him up. His eyes snapped open as I was moving my face back and he sat up, grabbing my jaw and slamming his lips on mine. We moved in synch and I felt sparks fly, he pulled away just as abruptly though and scooped me up in his arms.
"What was that for?" I asked confused as to why he was holding me bridal style.
"Just felt like it, also you're really light." He grumbled, I looked at his arms, seeing the veins that ran up and down them. My fingers brushed over them lightly and he flickered his gaze at what I was doing.
"You can stop tensing them up now." I chuckled, he gently dropped my legs to the floor and frowned.
"I was actually tensing my dick." He said it so seriously and I blinked a couple times very slowly in surprise.

He then smirked and I knew he was taking the piss, so I slapped his arm and began to put on my black doc martins which he had taken off me and put at the foot of the bed. "Where are you going?" His low husky voice uttered.
"I have to make sure Jessi's back from school and make dinner."
"I'll drop by later." He said out of the blue.
"Cool I'll leave you a key under the doormat." I smiled, all worked up and excited. He nodded and watched me as I gathered my things and opened his window.

"What the fuck are you doing?" He asked curiously, I winked at him and climbed out. Immediately he was by the window and watched carefully at what I was doing. There was a bush right underneath his window and I dangled myself from his window ledge. "Are you fucking insane?" Judd snapped, his tone had become angry and I gave him a cheeky smile before dropping onto the bush which gave me a few grazes on my knees but apart from that I was completely fine.

Judd looked down at me and growled, "Don't do that shit again, got it retarded faggot?"
"No promises." I stuck my tongue out at him and jokingly dropped my phone on his front lawn and picked it up by bending over, flashing him as a tease.

(A/n- I wrote that bit whilst sitting next to a heavily religious nun on a train...oops...)

This was pretty stupid as someone else other than Judd could've easily seen me do so but luckily the street was empty as everyone was with their families eating. I giggled and walked away, a little spring in my step. That burst of confidence really made me happy and I completely forgot the previous events of the day.

When the front door opened I heard shouting from upstairs, I didn't think there would be anyone other than Jessi home so it really took me by surprise. "JESS?!" I shouted, concerned. The shouting immediately stopped and I heard the soft pitter patter of footsteps arrive at the top of the stairs.
"(Y/n)!" Jessi exclaimed when she saw me and quickly travelled down the stairs and into my arms. I embraced her tightly and she smiled affectionately.
"You ok? I heard arguing?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.
"My mum was on the phone, she said she isn't coming home for another week..."
"What?!" I was shocked, what was going on that required Shannon to stay away for that long, it made no sense.
"She said that she was going to send you some money in the post..." Jessi looked genuinely sad, I could see the glisten of tears in her eyes.

I had to think of something we could do quickly so I suggested we went to the supermarket to get some dinner. Her face brightened up a little and she nodded.

There was one thing on my mind now. What was going on with Shannon and why couldn't she at least come home for an evening? Did her daughter really not mean that much to her?

I shook my head and batted away those thoughts, Shannon loved Jessi with all her heart, there had to be a logical explanation- I'd make sure to call her later.