32. Going "home"

~ Most people who are not happy with themselves are mean to others.

Amyrah

"Everyone hide!" I yelled.

As I was running, my leg stumbled and I fell forward, bending down in pain.

I tried calling the others, but they seemed too far away, I couldn't reach them. I slowly sank on the ground and hid behind a tree, the gushing wind howling with a wavering sound. My heartbeat pumping too loud that I pressed my hand on my chest, hoping it would stop.

I heard a few screams and angry voices. I was too exhausted to move an inch, but nonetheless forcing myself to stand up and walk towards the noise.

Hiding behind a tree, I saw the so called kidnappers. Those useless brats! Finally they had come! I wanted to yell at them for coming so late!

There I saw those stupid men, Zameer, Shehzad and that Aahil guy. They were the ones who chased me! They pranked me! After a while I saw Ammar, aunt and Rayzah come in. What were they all doing? Wow. They all came to scare us more! I hid securely and thought of scaring them. It's payback time. I smiled gleefully.

It was then I realized that all of them were in a serious conversation. Aunt began looking frantically around, with a questioning expression. Is she looking for me?

I couldn't hear what they spoke, but they all turned away to the other side, walking away hurriedly.

Oh no! Are they leaving me?

They don't even remember about me. I wanted to shout, but instead I bent down hugging my knees, accidentally hitting my wound, which stinged badly. I felt tears filling my eyes. Dosen't anyone care about me?

I stayed there for a long time, unmoving.

It was then I heard a voice. "Sometimes it's better to come find others than waiting for them to come."

I slowly turned my head, my eyes narrowing. It was none other than him! How did he find me!?

"Did you'll finally realize that I am missing?" I asked bitterly.

Zameer walked in front of me saying, "Everyone's worried about you."

"As if they even care!" I snapped.

"Everyone did," he replied seriously.

I mumbled, "Liar. I hate you."

Zameer shrugged, "The feeling is mutual."

"Get lost."

With a small smile he asked, "You were scared, weren't you?"

I growled. "I am not scared of anything."

"Okay," he looked away, his eyes twinkling. "Come, let's go."

I looked at my wound, "I can't walk."

"Is it an excuse to indirectly say that you want me to carry you?"

I scoffed. "If you do, I doubt you'll be able to use your hands again."

"Are you trying to say that you are very heavy that I'll break my hands?" He questioned amusingly.

I glared at him. "NO! I will break it! Uff. Idiot!"

"Uff. Stupid!" Came his reply. Then taking out a cloth from his side pocket, he passed it to me, without a single glance and neither a word.

I stared at it for a long time. Then shrugging, took it and cleaned the sand particles of my dress. He gave me a double look, his face in shock and mumbled, "I gave it to wipe your tears."