24. Irritating conversations

~That dream was planted in your heart for a reason.

Amyrah

Everything seems wrong. I had a really bad feeling about this Rumaan guy. I told aunt, but as usual she just muttered something like, "She thinks I'll believe her." Seriously? I totally hate her.

As I was sulking, Zehra called me asking if I needed a ride to school, as we were still mad at each other we didn't speak much. I just agreed and the cut the line. Hah! Stupid, let her apologize first, she's the one who started it.

After a few minuites, I heard the horn of the car. I quickly ran, and for the first time Zameer did not open the door for me, like all other days. I thought of waiting till he does, but then I'll look like an idiot, so I hopped into the car.

On the ride Zehra and I looked away. It was so quiet. Why not make a conversation? But then Zameer will think I am so stupid. Or worse yet, he already thinks so. That's why he isn't speaking to me? Urgh c'mon Zameer!

I heard a heavy breathing. Looking to my side, I noticed Zehra coughing quietly. "What happened?" I asked worried.

"Nah just," was her reply. Then Zameer passed her a bottle of water. Hm... not bad Zameer.

Zameer looked behind and asked, "Are you okay?" I smiled happily and was about to reply, when I realized he hasn't been asking about me. Duh. He was asking Zehra. That jerk! I hate him.

He acted like I am not even there, so instead of Zehra, I smirked and replied, "She's fine, it's just girl stuffs. You know that... it's kinda hard to explain."

Zehra looked at me dumbfounded. It was just a cough, how can it be a girly stuff? Amazingly Zameer believed it, he looked away embarassed saying, "Oh.. um... okay..."

Yes! I got him. Poor Zameer. I stifled a laughter, while he shifted uncomfortably, like he wished he wasn't living this moment. Ha! That's what you get for ignoring me.

Stopping the car near the school gate, Zameer opened the door, I thought he'll be opening the door for me, instead he began looking at his punctured wheel. Heh! He loves his car more than... What am I saying? Oh my Allah. Stupid me. I inwardly whacked my head.

Zehra cleared her throat and looked at me confused. Oh yeah, I should be leaving now. Even Zameer was waiting for me to leave, his foot tapping the ground. So I just glared at the two of them, to reduce the tension and left, keeping the car door opened. Let Zameer close it.

Going inside I was met with the principal who quirked her eye brows. Huh? Now what?

"Who's he?" She asked looking at me closely.

"Who?" I asked confused.

"Kid, don't play around. You know who am I talking about. Him," she said pointing to the car.

"Oh him!" I exclaimed. What am I supposed to say?

"Your brother?"

"Nah. My brother's name is Ammar. He is Zameer," I said shrugging. "Excuse me ma'am, I am getting late."

"He is Zameer," she mimicked. Has she loosen one of her nuts? "Do your parents know about this?"

"Seriously you gotta be kidding me man!" For a moment, I forgot whom I was speaking with.