☾♕Epilogue

Luna Queen Trisha's P.O.V

They never say it aloud but I can see it on their faces, asking me how I could stand by a monster. How I could love him.

How as his mate I didn't convince him to be good, to not give into the madness but they don't know that I tried, they don't know that he was a monster to me too. But I loved him still and watched silently as he gave into insanity.

I don't question waking up in the same hands that killed so many the night before because I love him. I let him kiss me because I love him. I stand by him because I love him.

I walk by his side like I'm strolling through a ghost town, emotionless. I sit by the table with his parents and the princess praying that no one comments on how he's tearing the werewolf world apart. But his parents stopped reprimanding him in fear of their own son.

And luckily that day, no one said a word.

We walked through the halls, one would be shocked to find out the secrets kept within the palace walls. Adrian open the door leading to one of his best kept secrets. An oracle he'd abducted before he'd even uncovered his gift.

"What did you see, oracle", Adrian said to the malnourished man who some would believe after ten years of captivity would have gone insane but he smiled venomously at the King and I already had a bad feeling about the premonition he'd describe.

"You are going to be defeated Adrian", the oracle spat making Adrian laugh sardonically a menacing evil his tone, "No one can defeat me", Adrian said and I could already sense him getting agitated.

"I'm the fucking King!" he growled but the oracle seemed unwaverred by the power laced in his voice. Maybe because after all these years he'd gotten used to the Alpha king's condescending ways.

"They will", the oracle laughed. A laugh so full of joy and utter mockery.

"They will be the death of you", the oracle said and I felt my heart clench at the thought of my mate, cruel and evil or not I wouldn't want him dead.

"Who", Adrian asked. "The Alpha and Luna of the Gold Wolf pack", the oracle said as he sobered into glaring and scowling at Adrian.

"I'll just kill them then", Adrian smiled so intensely he'd put the joker to shame but the oracle also smirked.

"Go ahead your fate will only be that much worse if you killed them and that's the beauty of it all, dead or alive they will be your detriment", the oracle said making Adrian lose his temper the more.

"You're going to lose Adrian because of the secrets you keep", the oracle said.

"You?" Adrian asked referring to the oracle but he shook his head.

"The girl", the oracle answered. "What about her", Adrian asked agitated with the situation as a whole but the oracle ignored his question.

"The chances you had to be a great king and you chose the path of evil. The enemies you made instead of allies, you're going to lose Adrian", the oracle answered before he fell into a fit of mad cackles. "You're going to lose", he yelled.

"You're going to lose", the words still echo in my ears, the memory of the prophecy made nearly three years ago still fresh in my mind as I stared at Alpha Banner and Luna Noni's still bodies laying immobile on the forest ground.

There love was true and there bond was strong but would it truly be enough.

Or did Adrian really beat the prophecy by stripping them of their wolves.