☾♕Chapter 20: Love Tainted

Song: I.F.L.Y by Bazzi🎶

~ We should be stronger than a lie ~

Chapter Twenty: Love Tainted

“I need you”, he says and I roll my eyes for the hundredth time the past five minutes. “Don’t you mean you need Jenna oh that’s right she’s with Chrisshiano now? Big bad alpha can’t survive without his dick in something”, I saw storming out of the room but I knew he was right behind me. I just really needed a drink.

“Something super strong, please”, I tell the bartender who starts cleaning a glass, “Just get me the whole bottle”, I say and he hands me the bottle of vodka. See this is why it’s nice having friends like Bruce.

“I, we need to talk Noni”, Banner said and I take a gulp on the drink, it burns like hell fire but it’s what I need right now. “Oh so now you want to talk what happened to pinning me to walls, abruptly showing up to my house, throwing me over your shoulder, cuffing me to your bed for weeks and my personal favorite sending your pack to kill me not to mention the multiple death threats I got from you yourself and for what being a good mate”, I say and take a sip of my drink again moving away from him.

“I’m sorry”, Banner said pulling me out the club, and well here we go again. We got out of the house and far from the party till we were surrounded by the deserted compounds of campus. I wriggled my hand from his grip and went to take another huge swig but the bottle never even made it half way to my lips.

“What the hell is wrong with you Banner why can’t you just let me live my normal you man life because that’s what I am. I’m human just let me be”, I say.

“Don’t you think I tried Noni, you can live without me but I can’t without you? We had it wrong which one of us would leave the other tainted, Noni I can’t live without you”, he said but all I could remember was the day that haunts my dreams.

“If you can’t live without me so bad then why were you fucking around with Jenna”, I say bitterly wishing I still had my bottle of vodka but it was helplessly shattered around us.

“I didn’t sleep with Jenna fuck I wasn’t even in the room”, Banner yelled. “What?” I asked truly dazed.

“It was all part of Jenna and Harris’s illusion, it wasn’t me. I didn’t sleep with Jenna, Harris did. It was all a part of their elaborate skim. Jenna as we know has always been power hungry and Harris wanted you for his own psychotic reasons but why wouldn’t he? You’re perfect, you’re also mine. They put on that whole show so that you’d think I was cheating on you and I’d think you’re just leaving me without reason”

“For weeks I’d been living in that lie as Jenna tried to convince me it was for the best that you left but I just couldn’t help but want you back. I know it was wrong spreading my anger through the pack and putting your life in danger but it hurt knowing that you were slipping away. I’ve not laid my eyes on another girl since that night we spent together after Blair left. I had feelings for you before I knew you were my mate and I know you felt the same. We should be stronger than a lie”

“I…” was speechless.

“We should be stronger because I love you Noni Peizer, I love you with all of me. I’m not good with feelings but I know that much. Noni you’re…”

“I love you too”, I rushed out before he said anything else I didn’t really need to know why he loved me, and I just needed to know that he did. I knew Banner sometimes better than he knew himself. It’s not like I can predict the future or anything but I knew they’d be bumps in the way.

No matter how conniving Banner tended to be sometimes or how unbelievable his story seemed to be, I knew if Banner doesn’t lie to the point his blank honesty get annoying. All I was waiting for was to hear him say I love and know it’s not a lie.

He seemed dazed that I said it back so I just jumped into his arms and kissed him with all of me. I knew every inch and memory of his lips but it still felt new, like magic crawling within me, every time we kissed was different.

This time it felt like I was being set on fire but enjoyed the burn as the tingles and sparks danced around the skin he touched while drawing me into him reminding me that Banner Carranza was the love of my life, flawed, tainted and all, he was mine just like I was his.

“Let’s go home”, I said as we pulled away for that silly air named oxygen our chests raising and falling both of us glowing, the truth was we were each other home.

Apparently wolf boy here run all the way here in wolf form survives him right he made Tesoro go through the same thing, I couldn’t wait to go back to nagging her and helping her look for her sister and mate. I missed training with Hannah and Jayce. I missed my ammo but most of all I missed Banner’s not so little friend.

We decided on leaving in the morning but obviously by the time I got out of the shower I found most of my stuff already packed into Maddie except the things we needed for the night and morning. Fazirya had texted me saying she was sleeping over with Bruce, I felt bad for leaving her after all that happened with her mate and all she’d done for me, we might not be biologically related but she was the best sister a girl could ask for.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Call me every single day and I’ll make sure I’ll visit all the time when I’m back there”, Fazirya said reminding me of everything I’m going to miss here. I’ll miss the sorority girls, adventures with Fazirya, working at the bakery, drinking the nights away at Venom. Hell I’ll even miss Bruce trying to get into my pants.

We were saying our goodbyes as Banner got the rest of the stuff properly ready before we left. I got up early and quit the bakery, said my good byes to the sorority girls as well as Bruce and the boys, he obviously made a sneaky comment on where I should go if I ever need me some.

I wouldn’t mind calling this place home but its collage, it’s not forever, in a few years everything and everyone would change.

“You better take care of her big man or claw you were it hurts”, Fazirya warned Banner, you’d think she was joking, nope that’s my sister for you. I told her about the whole Harris, Jenna mix up and she shouted I knew it over a bazillion times. After a couple of hugs and a little bit of the water works from the water works Banner literally and to pull me away.

I stared down at his hand in mine and realized we were actually starting our life together, the right way. I knew where I stood, not in his bed, not hidden in his shadow right beside him.

Still I awaited something to sneak up from out behind the shadow this time knowing we’d face whatever together, “Harris?” I asked the friend who turned to foe in a matter of heartbeats.

“Beaten to a pulp”, Banner said as he caressed the back of my hand with the pad of his thumb. “Dead?” I further inquired. “Sadly not”, he said stealing a glimpse at me, “You’ll be okay I won’t let him hurt you, I won’t let anyone hurt us again”, Banner said and I allowed myself to find comfort in his words.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Word Count: 1393

Thoughts.....😓

Did you go Awwww😍 or pffft😒

Comment, Vote, Share, Love me😅😅😅😜

See yah in the next one, mmmbyee for now loves ~ Tisha💛