CHAPTER VI

El ran up to her room as she stared in the mirror and calmed her breaths

El ran up to her room as she stared in the mirror and calmed her breaths. She tried to reassure herself that it wasn't a big deal, that it wasn't that big an insult. El stared at the piano in the corner of her room. She slowly walked towards it, and with shaky hands she let her hands glide across the keys.

El slowly felt her panic drift away as she listened to the melody of the lullaby her mother used to sing her.

"That was lovely, who made it?"

El jumped at the noise but turned to see a girl with big curly hair and knowing brown eyes.

"My mum did, she used to sing it when I was younger."

"Used?"

"She passed away."

"Oh I'm so sorry." She gasped but El simply tried to shrug it off.

"Who are you, if you don't mind me asking."

"I'm Hermione Granger."

"I' don't recognize the name."

"I'm a friend of Harry, I'm staying here because I'm not safe at home. My parents are muggles." Hermione searched El's face for any sign of contempt but simply saw the same kind smile.

"I'm Celeste . My uncle owns this house." She said calmly but frown settled on the muggleborn's face.

"I thought this was Sirius' house."

"He must've lied." She simply said. El spotted the muggle play that the witch held and she smiled widely.

"Is that Romeo and Juliet?"

"You know it?"

"Of course I do! Biggest tragedy to ever Grace the earth." She exclaimed as the two newfound friends conversed over their love of books.

When the pair got called down for dinner, the tears were long gone and El had forgotten what Sirius had said to her. The oldest Black however, hadn't.

***********

Sirius sat in his room, with his head in hands as he felt guilt consume him. He would've rather the girl yelled and screamed at him but she wasn't anything like him. She was calm and kind. Not hotheaded and shallow and he was glad that she didn't grow up like him.

Sirius had overheard Harry talking to Celeste about her ballet. The man didn't even know that she could dance and it left him wondering if he should've stuck around longer. Sirius, in his eyes, never thought he was a good father. Baby El always preferred her mother's arms rather than his own. He fell in love with Remus and seemed to simply drift away from his family.

When Helena found out about his secret relationship he felt awful for feeling a weight off his chest. He had left and hadn't looked back. Sirius lived his life traveling with his husband and trying his best not to think about the blue eyed child he had left at home.

Remus of course felt guilt every day for taking away a father from a child. He tried his best to ignore his feelings but when Sirius returned his affection, love blinded him. The name Celeste Black became non-existent in all the Marauders households.

When they all sat at dinner that night, they all realized how distant they were from El. They noticed that this particular day, Hermione had decided to sit with Regulus and El. So on one side, the Potters, Weasleys and Lupin-Blacks sat and on the other the Blacks and the rest of the order sat.

It was sad to see how distant El was from her biological father but she seemed not to mind. Celeste Black was always to kind for her own good.