CHAPTER X

El was the first one to wake up in her dormitory that night, not that she was sharing it

El was the first one to wake up in her dormitory that night, not that she was sharing it. Slytherins had separate rooms from fifth year up. Waking up at 5am was something that El was used to and she usually would do her ballet.

She knew that there was a room called the room of requirement and told herself she would go later in the day.

With a wide smile, El started getting ready for the day. After her shower she used a drying charm on her long hair and quickly got dressed. El had never knew how to do makeup, growing up with her uncle and a house elf. Walburga always coated in dark eye shadow so El just went down the natural route.

She quietly walked to the common room to find a blonde boy, with his face in his hands. El couldn't help walking towards the boy and sat beside him on the sofa.

"I've always been an early bird, my uncle hated it because he would prefer to sleep in and then he would read the Daily Prophet and that would get him in a right mood ever morning,"

"Why in Merlin's name are you talking to me."

He lifted his face up to see the strangely kind girl who woke up as early as him.

"Because it is 6am and you are alone and I am alone. So let's be alone together."

"That isn't being alone."

"Shame isn't it." El said in fake sympathy as he held her hand out.

"I'm Celeste Black."

"Draco Malfoy."

"Let's go Draco." She said as she got up and walked towards the exit.

She turned to see the annoyed teenager (not that she cared) and spoke, "Are you coming are not."

The two children walked around Hogwarts talking - El talked Draco brooded- until they went for breakfast.

As they sat Draco asked the question most people were thinking.

"Why did you sit at Slytherin instead of the Gryffindorks."

"Firstly, that isn't a nice name. They aren't dorks, Hermione Grangers is very smart and nice."

"She's a mudblood."

Most unprejudiced people would tell him he was a bad person for saying such a gruesome name but El just gave him a knowing smile.

"Draco, is she a good witch?"

"She isn't a witch."

"Can she do magic."

"Yes."

"So answer my question."

"Yes."

"Then why should it matter. Would you judge somebody on their race or religion even though they are equally as brilliant."

"No but it's different, she stole magic."

"Since pureblood's are so much better, how haven't they figured out how they steal magic."

At that Draco was stumped. He had never questioned his hatred. Malfoys were taught that Muggle borns were thieves. Maybe he was wrong.

"To answer you first question, I believe that all houses are great in their own sense. To be intelligent is great. To be patient is great. To be brave is great. To be cunning is great. But I'm a little biased towards Slytherin since my uncle was in it. I figured why not."

"So you don't think we're all evil."

"I never have, you don't seem evil to me. So Draco, if you want to harm me try. I doubt you'll get very though."

That was the day that El found out that Draco Malfoy wasn't all that bad.

Just a little filler chapter so you can see their friendship. No it will not be a relationship because that would be incest.