CHAPTER VIII

"Promise you'll owl

"Promise you'll owl. Everyday, no, every other day. I don't want you to look desperate." Regulus stressed as she held his niece against his chest. "And practice everyday, ballet too, oh and-"

"Uncle Reg, I will be fine." The pair stood far away from the rest of the Order as they said their goodbyes beside the Hogwarts Express.

"Love you Ellie."

"Love you too Reggie."

With that El stepped onto the train and searched for a compartment. She saw an almost empty one with the exception of a blonde hair girl.

"Excuse me, can I sit?" With a smile the blonde nodded as El introduced herself.

"I'm Celeste but you can call me El." She smiled.

"I'm Luna Lovegood but everybody else calls Me Loony, you can call me that if you want." She sighed in a dreamy voice.

"You sound very sane to me." El smiled as she saw a copy of the Quibbler beside her.

"You read the Quibbler,"

"My father is the editor."

"Oh I adore it, it's probably the only thing that tells the truth." El sighed as Luna's eyes brightened.

"Really, have you read the article on Crumpled-Horned Snorkacks?"

"I've been begging my uncle to go looking for one." El replied just as enthusiastically. She believed in all the strange creatures because she didn't find them strange. In El's mind if there was a world full of magic and flying broomsticks and werewolves then there may be Crumpled-Horned Snorkacks as well.

They spent the rest of the train journey talking about all the creatures that others deemed fake. As they got off the train Luna smiled and said, "I'm very glad I met you Celeste, I knew you were good because you haven't got as many wrackspurts."

"I'm glad too Luna."

They both climbed onto the thestral pulled carriages. El smiled at the winged creatures ins sadness as Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger climbed onto the carriage.

They were discussing the existence of the thestrals when Luna reassured Harry saying, "Don't worry Harry, your just as sane as I am."

He didn't seem as convinced as he should've been so El added, "They're thestrals, winged creatures that are only visible to those who have seen death."

"Everyone this is Loony-"

"Luna Lovegood." El interrupted Hermione with a stern expression.

"You're Harry Potter." She stated as Harry seemed even more confused.

"I am."

"Don't worry, my father and I both believe you." Luna added as Harry seemed to lighten up a little.

Before they knew it, the odd five made their way to Hogwarts. El looked at it in all its glory and smiled.It was just as Regulus described it.

"El you better go with the first years to be sorted." Hermione said as they stepped off the carriage.

El nodded and walked towards the stern looking Professor.

"Excuse me, I'm El Black, I'm new." She said in a quiet calm voice. Minerva Mcgonagall looked at the girl with slightly water eyes- not that El noticed.

"I'm Professor Mcgonagall, Welcome to Hogwarts, the first years have already been lead inside so follow me." She said as she quickly turned around as El walked behind her.

When the pair finally reached the doors they were already open and a clear view of four lively tables were seen. El quietly walked towards the gaggle of small first years and looked straight ahead.

The years of pure blood training weren't for nothing.

Slowly the names of children were called out as they sat on the rickety old stool and the ancient hat was sat on their head.

"Black, Celeste ."

Whispers echoed through the Hall at the mention of the famous man that was rumored to hav won relations apart from his husband.

El walked forward with a small smile as she gracefully sat herself on the tall chair.

A Black, I was wondering when you would come. A bit late aren't we. Well it wasn't my fault. Hush, I'm sorting you. You have the intelligence of a Ravenclaw, patience of a Hufflepuff, resourcefulness of a Slytherin and chivalry of a Gryffindor. Do what you think is best. Well that's the problem, I don't know.

The rest of the Great Hall sat in impatience as they saw the beautiful girl scrunch her nose up and sigh every few seconds. They were all disturbed when a loud voice sounded.

"Headmaster, I am...unsure."

"Unsure do what dear Hat." Dumbledore responded.

"Where to put her. She is an equal fit for all four houses."