CHAPTER XIV

After hours of therapy from Theo, El felt a little lighter and carefree than she had before

After hours of therapy from Theo, El felt a little lighter and carefree than she had before. He was like the best friend that she never had.

El lay on her bed as she stared at the ceiling, thinking. Regulus had always scolded her but she had simply complained that her thought last would consume her.

She thought about Harry Potter. When she kissed him, she didn't feel the fireworks she heard about in books and films. El thought it was more comforting than loving. The thoughts swallowed her as she slowly began to close her eyes as the sleep took her.

El was beyond bored in her Defense against the Dark Arts class. She was simply reading a book with the Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws. Nobody had argued against Umbridge when she told them about her theory plan and it was mainly from the fear of what the pink lady would do.

When the class was over, Professor Umbridge called out for El to stay behind in her sickly voice.

"Hello Miss Black, I was wondering if you knew why I called you here."

"Professor, I do not." El said. Her voice flat and unnerving. It was as if the years of lessons from Walburga were finally paying off.

"I know that you are in all houses, so I was wondering if you would be my little helper." Umbridge smiled falsely as El saw through her act.

"I apologize Professor Umbridge but I have never heard of any position that would fill the requests you are suggesting. This is my first year at Hogwarts and I simply want pass my OWLs, as I would expect you want me to do as well." El calmly spoke as Umbridge's patience began to run thin.

"Why weren't you at Hogwarts  before this year dearie."

"I am sure you will find it in my file, I haven't got any more time to waste on you Professor, have a good evening." El finished as she left for the door before Umbridge could find some reason to put her in detention.

When she walked outside she saw Harry leaning against the wall, as if he was waiting for something.

"El, can we talk?"

Or someone, she thought. El gestured towards the corridor as Harry began rambling.

"I don't know why I kissed you the other day but I think it was all the emotions and I know that you might like-"

"Let me stop you whilst you're ahead. I think it was a mistake Harry. You were clearly angry and annoyed and I happened to be there." El said as kindly as she could as Harry flushed red.

"Yeah, I get it." He mumbled.

"Perfect, I'll see you around." El smiled as she saw the bronze knocker.

"What has a neck but no head." It asked as El immediately answered, "A shirt."

Regulus had always told her riddles before dinner to sharpen her mind.

El entered a relatively empty common room. The Ravenclaw common room was one of El's favorites as it filled with high bookcases and study desks. There was also a piano hidden in the corner that Flitwick had put in himself.

El saw Luna sitting bare foot on the floor as she looked around the room in her spectrespecs.

"Hey Luna." She greeted, sitting beside her.

"Hello Celeste." Luna replied in her usual dreamy voice.

"What are you doing bare foot Luna."

"The wrackspurts have taken my shoes again." She vaguely answered as El frowned. Nobody should be bullied because they're a little different.

"You can borrow my shoes Luna, Uncle Reg always packs way too much."

"Thank you Celeste."

"Your Welcome Luna."

I CAN'T BELIEVE FORGOTTEN DAUGHTER GOT 20K VEIWS! I'm so happy that so many people have enjoyed the book as much as vI have writing it. I also love reading your comments and I want to give credit to @c0wb0yah for coming up with the idea of adding Theo!