CHAPTER XVII

Regulus Black was exhausted

Regulus Black was exhausted. He sat in his dimly lit study with a cup of now cold coffee in front of him as he ran his fingers through his hair.

The order was taking a toll on the man and the stress of having his brother so close to him had been stressing him out more than he wished it would.

It was like everywhere he turned he would see Sirius standing there with that stupid smirk on his face. It reminded him of his childhood minus his father there.

Albus had been trying to convince him to be a double agent for the Order and Regulus had been adamant on not doing it. He had been forced to be Death Eater once and he wasn't in the mood to do it again.

Although Regulus wouldn't openly say it, he had a deep dislike for the bearded wizard. He reminded him all to much of another manipulative bastard.

Before Regulus could be completely consumed by his thoughts, he caught sight of a pale blue envelope under the piles of paper on his desk.

He slowly opened it as a smile took his face as he read.
Hello Uncle Reg,

I know you're wondering what you're reading but
please don't rip it up thinking it's a prank.
It's Ellie here, you're favorite niece.

I'm writing to you now in a bit of a rush
because the Weasley's are causing a stampede
in the house so I thought I would
offer you some words of comfort.

I know you're probably really stressed and running your hand through you're hair at like
two am with a cup of cold coffee,
but I don't want you to be.

I bet you can be the best order member there is.
It doesn't matter what side you were in before.
You changed and became good.

I think that the effort to change and be better is why you are probably gonna work ten times harder.

I don't want you to worry about me though, I'll try
my best to make friends but if I don't I'll still
have you as my best friend.

Love you lots,
Ellie

Needless to say, Regulus was in a much better mood the next day.

*******

"Number 12 Grimmauld Place."

Pansy and Theo turned to her in confused as the girl spoke out. El had been debating with herself about whether she should tell the two about her home but decided that she could trust them.

"Sounds like the house of horrors." Theo frowned as Pansy looked at him in confusion.

"What's that?" She inquisitively asked, only to be met with a wave of the hand as Theo leaned back on El's soft bed.

The three were all lazily hanging out in El's room. Pansy sat on old wooden chair that had been customized with a square white pillow. Theo was spread eagle on El's bed as stared at the ceiling like it was the most interesting paint to exist to man kind.

El was sat on the floor cross legged as she wrapped her uncle's Christmas presents.

"It a safe place. If anything happens and you need to get out." El softly said as the two Slytherins turned to her.

"No place is space. The Dark Lord is already beginning to recruit Slytherins. Adrien was bragging about it." Pansy grimaced at the thought of the gangly teen.

"The lord can duck my dick. Not that I'd lower myself to his nasty self." Theo announced as El gave him.

"Sorry, my big toe." Theo mocked but El didn't seem to pick up on it.

"Well, if you ever need any help, that's where I am." El finished as Pansy shot her a smile. Theo had launched himself on top of her as they erupted into bouts of laughter.

Thank you so much for 100k! I've read all your comments and they always make my day. I wanted to know who would you like El to be in a relationship with.❤️❤️