Asking Tony (21)

Jack's P.O.V.

Okay, okay, okay. Now that I'm back from Russia, there are a few things I want to do now I'm home again.

First of all, I got settled in a new apartment -fully and completely leaving my adoptive parent's place.

So, after taking 3 days to do that, I bought something.

Do you want to know what it is?

Yeah?

Okay, I'll show you. But you have to promise not to tell Anna. Because I can't show her until I've show 2 very important people.

So, can you keep a secret? Yes? Good. Alright, here it is.

I'm gonna propose to her

I'm going to propose... to her. 

I'm actually going to propose to her!

I still can't wrap my brain around it from some reason.

But first... I have to ask Tony if I can.

Frick. This is the part I was least looking forward to. Well... there's one part I'm more dreading.

I had loved Anna ever since I first met her, at age 7 and I joined her and Brock -the three of us becoming a little group. Brock and Anna got together first though, so I stepped aside. And of course Ethan joined us.After Brock died, not only had our foursome became a threesome, but I had a chance. Rylee had joined our threesome for a few months, then framed Anna for murder, and that fell apart quick.

Sure I had taken Anna to the black and white ball per Brock's request, but after that, that was all me.

I walked into the NCIS building, pinning a visitors badge to my chest. I was pretty good at blending in/hiding in plain sight, so there was no worry there. Where there was worry, was with Anna's insane ability to spot people in a crowd. Luckily, Anna wasn't in the cubical when I got there. And Tony was.

'Good' I thought to myself. I was about to call out to him, when I remembered something. His name. Should I call him Mr. DiNozzo? Or Tony? I had called him Tony a lot but for some reason it didn't sound formal enough. Tony, or Mr DiNozzo? Tony, or Mr DiNozzo? Tony, or Mr DiNozzo? Tony, or Mr DiNozzo? Tony, or Mr DiNozzo? Tony, or Mr DiNozzo? Tony, or Mr DiNozzo? Tony, or Mr DiNozzo? Tony, or Mr DiNozzo?

Tony.

"Tony?" I asked tentatively. He looked up from his paperwork, and recognized me.

"Jack, you're back from Russia." He observed, standing up and joining me at the mouth of the cubical. "Do you want me to go and get Ellie, or what?"

"No, no, no I'm here to talk to you. Is there somewhere we can go to talk in private?" 

"Yeah sure, this way." Tony lead me to a back conference room, and motioned for me to sit down. But I didn't. "You okay kid? You look sick. Do you want to sit down?"