Hello (4)

Elioriana's name might get just a bit confusing here so let me explain something. Tony and Abby call Elioriana 'Ellie'. Most people call her 'Leah'. Brock (And eventually another person) call her 'Anna'. And Kaylee (Who we'll meet later) calls her 'Lori'. It's just different parts of her name, so please try not to get confused. If you do, just let me know and I'll try to sort it out for you!

This chapter also might be just a bit non-believable with Elioriana's math abilities, but she is 3 years ahead of normal, well technically 4 because she goes to school a year early because she's smart enough to.

Anyhoo, on with the story.

Tony's P.O.V.

"Ellie, you ready to go home?" I asked, crouching down behind her. Ellie had been at play group/day care for the last 10 hours. She was playing with these little coloured shapes. There were tan elongated diamonds, blue regular diamonds, yellow hexagons, and red triangles.

"DADA!!" She said excitedly, turning to look at me, and wrapping her little arms around my neck.

"Hey there squirt!" I said happily, chuckling, and hugging her back. "You ready to go?"

"Ya huh!" She agreed. Why do little kids always sound so excited?

"Oh, Mr DiNi, could I speak to you for a moment please?" Holly -the daycare runner- asked. Leah DiNi was the name Ellie went by because of security reasons- it was Hopes idea.

"What's going on?" I asked, picking Ellie up, holding her on my hip -Abby taught me how- and following Holly to the side of the room.

"I wanted to talk to you about Leah."

"What have you been doing squirt?" I asked playfully, wiggling my fingers on her stomach. She giggled and nuzzled her face into my shoulder.

"No no no, it's nothing negative. Leah's actually a really positive person. But she always plays by herself." Ellie was squirming, so I put her down. "And I've noticed she can't sit still."

"ADHD," I replied immediately. "It's in the file."

"Oh, right." Holly said before chuckling dryly. "Anyway, what I wanted to talk to you about is that Leah, is very intelligent. She shines in math. She can count far past what is normal for a 4 year old. The highest I've heard her go is 400. During nap time once, she just went at it."

"Sounds like my kid. She got into math at a really young age. I work for the government and do math all the time. She started doing it with me. And she's pretty good."

"Pretty good? She's amazing for a 4 year old." Holly said, smiling. "Leah!" She called, making my little brown-red headed girl run back up to us.

"Che cos'è?" (What is it; Italian) She replied.

"I forgot that too. She knows some Italian! Don't tell anyone, but she might be my favourite." Holly whispered to me with a wink. I smiled back.

"She's my favourite too." I replied, also whispering, which made Holly laugh.

"Anyways, Leah darling?"

"Yea‽" She replied, locking eyes with Holly who had crouched down to meet Ellie's eye level.

"You're really good at math you know."

Ellie giggled, and grabbed my leg. "I like math. It's lots of fun!"

"Yeah?"

"Ya huh!"

"What's 3 times 3?"

After only about 3 seconds of thinking. "9!" Holly looked up at me after we gave Ellie a few more things to solve.