Fresh From Canada (6)

The picture will make more sense as you read the chapter

Ellie's P.O.V.

"Are you sure second grade isn't different than first grade?" I asked dad and Abby as we drove to my first say of second grade. I loved 1st grade. It was a bit slow, but I loved it all the same.

"Positive!" Abby replied, reaching back for my hand. I took it, and she squeezed once. "You're going to do great." She smiled back at me as dad pulled into the school.

"Do you want us to come in with you squirt?" Dad asked, reaching to unbuckle his seat belt.

"No, it's okay." I replied. I looked out the window and gasped. "I SEE BROCKS CAR!" I waved furiously, and saw him waving back.

"Are you sure Ellie, we'd be happy to help-"

"No, it's okay. Go get the bad guys." I insisted, smiling again, and pulling open the car door. I ran out, grabbing my backpack as I caught up with Brock and whoever it was bringing him it- I didn't recognize them but he looked a little like brock did.

"BROCK!!" I called happily, reaching him, and giving him a big hug.

"HI ANNA!!" He replied, hugging me back.

"Oh so you're Anna?" The person next to him asked.

"That's my name!!" I agreed, holding my hand, way up to meet his. He shook it, looking a bit confused. "What's yours?"

"William," He replied, "I'm Brock's uncle, just dropping him off... Why did we shake hands?"

"Well that's what my dad does when he meets new people. Is that not what you're supposed to do?" I asked, looking over at Brock for an answer.

"No, it is," William reassured, "But you're like... 4 right?"

"I'm 6."

"Oh. Shouldn't you be in kin-"

"I did 1st grade last year."

"But you're 6." I didn't know what to reply to that. I just stared up into his brown eyes with my head tilting to the right just a little bit.

"Holy mother of mayhem child your eyes are creepy."

"Uncle Wilby," Brock wined, tugging on his... friends shirt sleeve. Er, I guess it was his uncles. "Anna's eyes aren't creepy; they're pretty!" He insisted. I gasped, and looked at Brock who was smiling.

"Alright then, come on lovebirds, school's gonna start in 6 minutes, we should get inside." I followed Brock and his uncle into the school building. We turned down the  hallway where my kindergarten classroom was last year. We walked down farther to where the second grade classrooms were.

"What's you teachers name again?" Will asked, looking at all of the name tags on the doors.

"Mrs Wible," Brock and I said at the same time.

"Wait, are we in the same class?" Brock asked excited.

"Yay!!" I replied, also excited. Brock and I grabbed hands, interlocked fingers, and the two of us walked a little behind Will. When we reached the classroom, we said goodbye to Will, and strode through the open door together.

"Hello friends," A lady I assumed was Mrs Wible, said to us right when we got in. "And what are your names?"

"I'm Brock."

"What's you last name Brock?"

"Ravenger."

"Okay... Brock Ravenger..." She looked down a long list on her clipboard, "You're number is 13 okay? Can you go find desk number 13?" Brock nodded, and looked around for a second.