Mi Hai Scocciato [Keep it together pt. 2.] (22)

Ellie's P.O.V.

When Laurel and I woke up the next morning, we went straight to NCIS after.

It was about 0830 when we got there, meaning everyone was already there. I sat Laurel in my chair, and turned on my computer. I entered my password, and pulled up an empty document.

"Laurel, I need you to tell me everything that happened okay?"

"Okay. So, basically... I was walking home from my friend Sofia's house because she was only 3 streets away. Then, when I was almost home, I heard a big explosion sound, and I saw my house on fire. And I knew my mum and dad were in there I know. So I ran back to Sofia's house and told her dad everything that happened. I told him what my mum and dad always said which was 'if anything ever happens to us, go and find Leah DiNozzo at NCIS.' And then he said, 'that's what your parents told me to' so then he brought me here, but then something happened to Sofia, I think she got hurt or something but they had to go to the hospital. Which meant I had to go in all by myself which I did and then you were there so I think you know what happened then."

"Okay," I said, my fingers practically flying around the keyboard with how fast Laurel was talking. "I have... everything you just said written down now."

"Okay." Laurel 'agreed'. 

"And you said that you're sure that your parents were inside the house?" Laurel nodded. "Okay. The team and I are going to figure out what happened okay?"

"Okay, I trust you."

"Do you think you can stay with Abby for a few minutes?"

"I don't know Abby."

"That's okay, I can introduce you if you like." Laurel nodded. I took her down to Abby's lab, to find Abby ... organizing? I hadn't seen Abby organize many times in my life. She was like me. She thrived in semi-clean chaos.

"Hey Abby?" I called, Laurels finger nails digging into my leg.

"Yeah, what up Ellie?" She called back, looking up at me. "Oh," She said when she saw Laurel. "You must be Jack's sister." I could feel Laurel nod, as her hair brushed against my leg.

"Do you know my brother?" Laurel asked, her voice soft.

"As a matter of fact I do!" Abby agreed, walking over to the two of us. "Leah here and I have been really close since she was born. And she and Jack have been friends for as long as I can remember."

"Laurel, this is Abby. Abby, my soon-to-be-sister Laurel."

"What do you mean soon to be sister?" Laurel asked, loosening her grip. Abby and I exchanged a look of disbelief.

"Well Laurel," I said, bending down to look her in the eyes. "I guess you and Jack aren't super close. Granted, I hadn't ever heard of you till yesterday. But Jack and I..." I extended my left hand to show her the ring on my left ring finger. "Jack and I are going to get married. Which means, you and I are going to be sisters!"

Laurel's eyes light up, and she hugged my leg. "Can I be your flower girl? Please please please please please?!?!"

"Yes! Of course you can!" I agreed, hugging her back. "So do you want to get to know Abby while the team and I go search and find some things out?"

"Yea!" She agreed, walking over to Abby.

So, I made my way back up to the cubical where the rest of the team was around my computer, reading Laurels statement.

"Laurel's down with Abby." I said, joining them at my computer.

"Alright, grab your gear, let's go check out the house." Gibbs insisted.