HELLO?!?! (... Me? pt 2)

Ellie's P.O.V.

...

...

...

...

...

...

"Hello?" I said, sitting on the table again. I hadn't seen anyone in 3 hours. I hadn't talked to anyone in 2 and a half. I had been talking to myself for a while, but that was normal. I talk to myself all the time.

The door opened and Tim came in. I hopped off of the table, and faced him.

"Hey Tim,"

"Hiya Leah," He replied, closing the door behind him. "Why don't you take a seat?" I nodded, doing what he offered. "So we talked to Jack, and your alibies match."

"Exactly, because we're not lying." I replied.

"Let me finish. You alibies match, but almost too well. Because they were almost exactly the same. Down to the amount of time that you cooked the noodles for."

"Well, that's because we had a giant argument about it."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, before Jack put the noodles into the pot we were talking about how long it was going to be before we could eat. Jack said it would be 10 minutes because that was how long you had to cook the noodles for. Then I retorted with  the point that Jack didn't like chewing the noodles he wanted to have to bite them.

"And before you ask yes there's a difference. So we had this argument about the difference in cooking time for al dente pasta and we ended up cooking the pasta for 8 minutes. It's not the kind of thing you forget. Stupid arguments kind of resonate with you."

"That makes sense." Tim sighed. He rubbed his eyes using the heels of his hands, and set his elbows on the table.

"Tim?"

"Huh?"

"You believe me right? You believe me when I say I didn't kill them. Right?" I asked.

"I don't know, Leah. All of the evidence points to-"

"Tim. Do you believe me? Yes or no. Please."

"I haven't decided yet Leah." He replied, rubbing his eyes again.

"You have to believe me. I didn't kill them. Why won't you just... believe me?" Instead of replying Tim stood up, and walked  out of the room.

"He doesn't believe me." I realized out loud. Stop that. I said in my head.

Stop what?

Crying.

I can't.

No one believes you.

But I didn't kill them!

Obviously you did.

I couldn't've.

Maybe you did, and you're blocking out the memory.

Is that even possible?

Of course it is. You're doing it right now. You have to be, it's the only explanation.

I'm not trying to.

You're a murderer. STOP THAT.

I can't.

STOP CRYING! NOW.