Arc 3.15 Xiao Yao

"There! That was here!"

Xiao Yao quickly ran towards the highest point of the sand. He tripped and fell but he did not stop running, he finally reached the top.

Standing at that highest point, Xiao Yao finally saw their final destination.

Right before his eyes, an enormous ancient city that had been lost in time stood as tall as a mountain.

The walls and even the city wall were intact, there was no sign of ruins, it was as if the whole city stop in time.

"Why does it feel familiar." Xiao Yao whispered.

"Ha. Pant. W-We, are we finally here? We're here!!"

"Is that the Lost City?!"

"It's so amazing!"

"How beautiful!"

Yes, it really was beautiful. Even beautiful could not do justice to describe the beauty of the long Lost City.

Amidst the huge rockeries, at the center was the gigantic lost city that had stopped in time.

With the rising of the sun on its background, its tranquil quietness and peacefulness bringing peace in people's hearts, the Lost City could not simply be described by mere words.

It was simply.... breathtaking.

"Finally, we're here!"

Xiao Yao looked at the old man beside him, the said old man was almost shedding tears while looking at the City.

"Can I find it here?"

Xu Xin stood beside Xiao Yao in a daze. He looked at the City with glazed eyes, his thoughts unknown.

Xiao Yao looked at Xu Xin with curious deep eyes. 

His thoughts were, "What had happened to him? To have such eyes laced with anxiety, excitement, fear, and scared of having too much hope but still failing. If what he was looking for is not here, would he still continue on his long journey?".

"Brother Fei, w-were here?"

Leng MianMian looked as if half craze, her eyes were bloodshot while looking at the City.

"Yes MianMian, we're here." 

Fei Chen smiled at Leng MianMian also excited at the thought that they finally found the legendary Lost City.

"Legend has it that the Lost City was the most prosperous dynasty in ancient times. They were even richer and more prosperous than the previous and the last dynasties. No one could rival them!" Old Bei started suddenly catching everyone's attention.

"The King at that time was wise and magnanimous. Although he was described as a cruel ruler by the other reigning emperors of that time for slaying all of his foes and those who go against him without mercy, he was the only Emperor who ruled with both kindness and wisdom. He sees all of his subjects as equal punishing offenders no matter their rank." The old bandit said.

"Who is this Emperor you are speaking about?" Xiao Yao asked due to curiosity.

'This Emperor was really great. Seeing everyone as equal no matter their rank, was so hard to see in ancient times.'

"He has no name." The Old bandit shook his head regretfully.

"No name? How could an Emperor have no name?" Chen Qiao said.

"Kid, what do you know? That dead man had been dead for a long time. We can only see his murals engraved on the walls of his long-dead subordinates which tell his tale." Old Bai retorted irritated.

"Ow. So, you only saw his "murals"? Then how could you tell such an Emperor exists? It might just be a myth or something. How could such Emperor exist in ancient times anyway? I believe all their rulers are fatuous. Why would their dynasty fall then?." Leng MianMian said.

"That's why you are all kids, you know no shit at all. Don't you know that ancient people drew murals not for fun but to show how great that person lives in his time? The murals are their story, their story is recorded in the murals."

 Old Bai looked at Leng MianMian as if she had a few screws loose.

"Old Bai, can you tell me more about this emperor." Xiao Yao asked.

"Well, okay. So this nameless emperor was said to be the only Emperor who had united the whole world at that time. But no matter how great he is, his dynasty still vanished in the face of the earth."

"What happened?"

"Well..."

Old Bai licked his lips up for another round of explanation. But, before he could do so Xu Xin cut him to it.

"In ****A.D, after the reigning emperor, son of the no-name emperor died, the whole City had a big earthquake which led it to sink into the ground along with its countless citizens burying all the people and the thriving history with it." Xu Xin explained.

"Kid, you do know your stuff!"

"Is that so? Where did you learn such details? I never heard of this City before, well, I only knew of its existence during this journey." Xiao Yao said.

Saying so, the others looked at him with doubt in their eyes.

"He is right! You, did you purposely follow us so you could come here in the Lost City too?!" Leng MianMian suddenly crazily screamed aloud while accusingly looking at Xu Xin.

"This girl is crazy. Don't mind her."

Xu Xin also did not bother with her and explained in detail to Xiao Yao where he read the story. He acted as if Leng MianMian does not exist.

"I read it in a mural. I saw it in a tomb of a famed general. Instead of his story being written in the mural, it was of that nameless king instead." Xu Xin said.

"Is that so? This nameless king is really interesting. But wait! How could that general know about his story? Could it be, that general, is a living survivor of that time when the Lost City sank!"

"It could be." Chen Qiao was also lost in thought diving deeper.

"Xin, if I'm not mistaken, did you find a map to this place from that general's tomb?"

Xiao Yao looked Xu Xin in the eye. 

Xu Xin also looked him in the eye back not evading his sight, he nod.

"If that's the case then, the tomb where Leng MianMian found the map should be a living survivor of that time! Both generals have a map of this Lost City, and both of them are also living survivors, then does that mean... there are more maps out there?!"  

Xiao Yao looked at the Lost City, his eyes becoming darker as the mystery becomes deeper.

[Side Mission: Unlock!]

[Open The Lost City's Gate!]

😎😊🤗😊😘😊😉😗🤗😊😘😊😊😘😊🤗🤗☺😍😊😘😊😘😊😇😇😊😇😊😘😊😇😊🤗😊😇😊😘😊😘😊😘😊😘

Sleepy😪😪😪😪😴😴😴

UPDATE😎😎😍

ENJOY 😘😘😘😍