Arc 1.11 Xin Ye

Arc 1.11 Xin Ye

"Hup! Owow!" Xin Ye yelps in pain.

Jumping "again" from the third-floor window, Xin Ye hop in pain before running away in a full sprint when he heard the FL's voice after him.

"Young Master Xin!!!"

The moment he disappeared from his previous spot, a delicate face appeared and started calling out for him loudly.

"Young Master Xin!!!!!!!"

If it were a normal guy who was faced with this situation instead of Xin Ye, than avoiding the beauty they would definitely become wolfish and chase her instead.

Unfortunately, Xin Ye is not a "normal guy."

Just hearing his name coming out from Yi QianQian's mouth, Xin Ye shivered in fear and a little bit of disgust. She was really very persistent.

Like an expert Ninja, faster than Hayabusa and shadier than Hanzo, Xin Ye rush out to the gates!

"Sigh... that woman, when will she stop chasing after me?" Xin Ye wiped the sweat on his forehead.

Xin Ye walk towards the park and sat on one of the benches, the park had been Zhao Liang and Xin Ye's meet-up place after school.

Xin Ye chose the park because it's close to school and the park is FL-free!

"Where could Zhao Liang be?" Xin Ye said losing his patience.

It had already been an hour since he started waiting for Zhao Liang, but he was still not there. He had never been late before.

"What's this? What is taking him so long to come?!"

'Is he busy? Busy with somebody?'

Xin Ye's face darkened and quickly took out his phone and texted him, calling him, but still there was no reply.

His face was so dark that it could literally be passed as a chalkboard.

"D*mn that asshat! Is he finally moving on or what? Why won't he answer?! Yeah. Yeah. Have fun!"

Xin Ye at that moment did not know that the way he looks and spoke looked like he was eating vinegar. 

He was unconsciously jealous of the "person" that is making 'his' Zhao Liang busy that he no longer had time with him.

"Promise, promise that you will always be here on time..."

Xin Ye looked at the ground, his bangs covering his eyes and only half of his face was shown.

"Really, promises are meant to be broken."

Xin Ye smiled mockingly, not to Zhao Liang, not to anyone but himself.

But despite his dark mood that he quickly fixed, Xin Ye still waited for Zhao Liang to come.

[Host, don't be sad.]

'Xiao Xiao?!'

Xin Ye was surprised when he heard his System utter nonsense.

Him, Xin Ye, sad?

You must be joking! Why would he be sad?!

"I'm not sad, Xiao Xiao."

Xin Ye smiled to no one but the System in his head.

[Host, Xiao Xiao knows Host is sad because Zhao Liang did not show up. But Xiao Xiao can guarantee that Zhao Liang was just busy and not because of "somebody" that Host is thinking about.]

'Wait. When did I think of that?!'

Xin Ye flushed remembering that he indeed had thought of that. He also remembered that he had uncharacteristically fallen into a bad mood because of it!

Xin Ye will never confess, never confess that he did feel sad and was eating vinegar because of that stupid Zhao Liang!!

"......."

[Host, don't be shy. Xiao Xiao, Xiao Xiao understands.]

'What do you understand?!'

Xin Ye's lips visibly twitch hearing the happy voice of his System.

Even though he could not see it, he is sure that the System is giving him a sympathetic look.

'Xiao Xiao, don't think of this nonsense any longer. So, what is Zhao Liang doing now?'

Though Xin Ye's action might be opposite to what he was saying, nonetheless he was happy with the thought that Zhao Liang did not actually abandon him for another.

Can I say that his actions are contradicting his words?

He does not like Zhao Liang being near him but when he was away, he wanted him there and then to appear in front of him.

What does he really want?!

[Reporting to Host, currently, Zhao Liang is getting off work and is currently riding the elevator. He seemed to be in a hurry to come here. He left running the very moment the elevator opened. He seemed to be calling someone, Host.]

"Is A'Li calling me?"

Due to excitement, Xin Ye unconsciously called out to Zhao Liang more intimately faced with the System.

The System innocently snickered upon seeing this. 

It thought that its Host had finally fallen but refused to admit it. Refuse to accept reality ah!

Xin Ye would only call out Zhao Liang's name intimately in front of his face because the older man refused to be called out by Xin Ye in a normal and somehow "strange" way.

Strange, why would someone feel strange being called by their name? It's so contradicting!

Xin Ye quickly took out his phone to wait for the call to connect.

"Sh*t! My phone is dead!!"

It looked like the world had abandoned him when he saw the phone dead. He did not expect this coming.

[Host?]

"I forgot, I only had five percent left earlier. I forgot to charge my phone today."

Xine Ye facepalmed for being so dumb.

[It's alright, Host. Zhao Liang is already on his way over here.]

"En."

Waiting for Zhao Liang, XinYe sat back on the swing.

He had already swung back and forth on the swing, slid down on the slide, made a sand castle, and even started counting the ants on the ground but still no Zhao Liang showed up!

'Xiao Xiao, are you sure he's coming?'

Xin Ye's entire face was dark after waiting for so long. He had already waited enough, does he still need to wait more?

[H-Host, Zhao Liang is definitely coming. He is, he's stuck in traffic!]

The System tried to defend Zhao Liang but it only turned Xin Ye more bitter. The more it defended Zhao Liang, the more it sounded like an excuse for him.

Sighing, he stood up.

"Maybe, I should just go home."

[H-Host...]

Walking on the side of the road, Xin Ye was about to call for a taxi when suddenly the back of his neck was hit heavily.

[Host, watch out!!]

"What?!" We're Xin Ye's last words before everything went black.