Arc 2.16 Zu Tian

Arc 2.16 Zu Tian

"It's time."

Red blood littered the execution ground as heads rolled down the crimson ground.

Wail of grief resounded in the Bai family as cheers of people resounded along the grief-stricken sound of the family members of the deceased.

Qi LianLian who was kneeling on the guillotine looked at her surroundings, her eyes finally settled at Chen Mo who was also looking at her.

"In the next life, I hope to never meet you again." These were the last words of Qi LianLian before her head fell off her neck.

Chen Mo who had seen this scene felt his heart ache for unknown or known reasons to him.

He was thinking, was he wrong?

Closing his eyes, he waited for the sharp blade to cut his neck.

"In the next life, be it richness or power, I won't make the same mistake again. I will protect you, my Lian'er."

In the last moment of Chen Mo, his memory was of that beautiful spring.

White robes like that of the lotus, there who stand was the love of my life, Qi LianLian.

"Hahahah..." 

An innocent laughter of a young girl.

A memory he deeply cherished and hold dear....

"What's your name?" A question asked by an innocent boy, eyes shining like the stars filled with innocent love.

"My name? It's Qi LianLian. What about you?"

A memory that will forever be buried with him....

"I'm Chen Mo. LianLian, you are so pretty. Can I marry you in the future!"

A memory ever so beautiful yet was personally destroyed by his own hands....

"Okay! It's a promise between us!" 

Though eyes filled with shock and happiness, cheeks flushed and mouth opened wide, the little girl smiled at the little boy.

That year, the fate that tangled the both of them, why did it become a nightmare?

A tragedy for both of them.

Chen Mo could not help but wonder why, and how did things end up like this. 

Tears fell from his eyes together with the sharp blade that ended his thoughts.

"General Feng, its time."

The middle age palace maid cried as she assisted Feng Niao out of the cold dark room where he was being held.

"I know."

Feng Niao who had been waiting for his death stood up like the proud warrior of Wei Kingdom that he once was before he met Zu Tian.

He stood proud and tall as he made his way to the execution ground.

"General Shen..."

"Do not grieve for me. I had long accepted my fate." Feng Niao smiled.

Though he cannot see because of being blindfolded, he could hear the middle age palace maid who had kept him accompany since he entered the palace cry beside him.

He could only sigh in sadness for her as she help him walk to his doom.

Zu Tian was really ruthless as to not let him see anything until his death!

Even the blue sky was forbidden for him to see on his last day on this earth!

Sigh.

He can only blame himself for lying. Zu Tian must hate him very much. He deserves this.