1.

She was standing in front of the mirror trying to fix her [y/h/c/] hair. She felt the butterflies growing bigger and she took a deep breath, trying to calm herself.

She didn't know why she was so nervous. She had been told to keep an eye out for them ever since New York and she knew, after Sokovia, that there had to be done something. She just didn't know that she would be the one doing it.

Pierce called her personally and told her she had to go to their base. They would be waiting. Fury would meet her and introduce her to everyone. She felt like her job suddenly was to babysit a bunch of heroes.

She took one more deep breath before leaving her house and drove to the Avengers base.

-----

"You must be [y/n]. I'm Nick Fury." There wasn't any kindness in his voice, and she knew immediately that he was annoyed with her being here, and she understood why.

"Nice to meet you," she said and gave him a smile. She knew she needed to be here so she would try to make the best of it.

"Everyone is sitting at the table." He said and walked right in. She had no choice but to follow him. She could feel that it was getting harder to breathe. She was nervous and it was ridiculous. This is your job, she kept telling herself, this is what you do every day. They are just normal people. She knew she was fooling herself. Of course they were not normal people. They were heroes. The world may not look at them like this right now, but she knew that under all the chaos and destruction, they saved millions of lives.

She walked into the room, right after Fury and saw them all sit in there. Natasha looked annoyed, Clint too. Stark looked like he would be anywhere but here. Sam and Rhodes looked worried and Wanda and Vision sat closely together. The only one impossible to read was Rogers. He looked calm, but she guessed that wasn't the case.

"Everyone. This is agent [y/n] [y/l/n], she is here to babysit you after Sokovia." Fury talked directly and he was right. She was here to make sure they didn't do anything stupid any time soon. The world needed to calm down after Sokovia.

"We don't need a babysitter." Natasha's voice was cold and hard, and she defiantly didn't want her here.

"I know you don't need a babysitter," her voiced cracked. She took a deep breath before she continued. "But the world isn't too happy with you after Sokovia. I am here to make sure the world will love you again." She looked around the table, trying to get eye contact with just one of them, but it was hard. Finally Natasha looked at Fury.

"Are we done?" she asked and got up from her chair. Fury nodded even though she wanted to talk more with the team. Natasha left in a hurry and the rest of the team followed her. Except Rogers. He sat still in his chair and looked directly at her.

"How is it you are going to make the world love us again?" He asked. She hesitated, didn't know how to answer that question.

"For starter I would like to make it seem like where are doing something about you." She said. Steve looked confused so she continued. "I know that you saved millions of lives in both New York and in Sokovia. The world just need time to process and that process will speed up if it looks like you are getting handle." She wasn't sure if she should have said that. If they know she believes in them, it might be harder for her to get authority around them, and they may not listen to what she says. Rogers nodded before he stood up and followed the rest of the team.

"Well, you will get along just fine." Fury said with a grin before he left the room, leaving her all alone with her thoughts.

This is going to be a tough one, she thought before sitting down on one of the chairs.

—-
AN:
Don't forget to hit the vote button if you like my story or leave a comment <3 it just gives so much more.
But a big thanks to anyone who reads my story <3 I cannot believe that someone actually likes what I write, it's so unreal!
love you all 3000