twenty two

I fast forward 2months to speed things up. still enjoy
******
2 months later

ever since Nicki passed I haven't been myself. I lost almost 8 pounds because I don't eat, really, and if I do then I eat a little of it. I have been depressed the doctor said I may have PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder.)

and I haven't left the house in forever, I just stayed in my room. nicki was having a funeral next weekend and I don't know if I'm gonna go, It will be to hard for me to stare at her lifeless body.

I was interrupted out of my thoughts by a creaking sound of my room door opening. I looked up and notice it was Austin.

"dejah, come on, let's have fun" Austin said shaken my arms. "are you series my best friend died, and I'm depressed and you wanna have fun" I said starting to feel tears form in my eyes.

"its not like that and you know it, I wanna get your mind off things" he said then started up again. "you know you leave in about 2 and a half weeks" he said sitting on my bed, grabbing my legs and laying them on his lap.

Im leaving in about 2 weeks, so I can go to college. and I have no idea how I'm gonna go to college without Nicki help. we both planed to attend Clemson university together. now ima have to do it alone. "I know, and I'll think about it." I said looking down at my hands again.

"no, we are gonna have fun, before you go back to school." he said leaning over and kissing me on my forehead before exiting my room.

********

I dozed off but was woken up by my phone going off. I leaned over and grabbed it off my nightstand. it was 12:31a.m. I didn't know I slept so long. it was destiny calling me. I answer with sleptness in my voice. "hello" I said sitting up and rubbing my eyes. "mama cancer free now" she said happily I perked up soon as she finished her statement. "OMG, REALLY??"I said. "yes, and that's not it, our great great aunt just died and left us all her money.and we are going on vacation to Hawaii, you have to come, dejah" she said I could tell the excitement in her voice.

"when is it?" I asked. "Saturday" she said. today is technically Thursday. I only have 2days to pack. and if I go there will be no need for me to come back here considering I'm leaving for college in almost 2 weeks. I guess it wouldn't hurt to leave a little early. "okay I'll be home tomorrow." I said.

we said our goodbyes and hung up. I jumped out of bed and started packing. I was so excited that I bumped my desk chair over and it made a loud thud. I picked up and starting packing again. a couple seconds later Austin ran in.

"are you okay?" he said looking at me to see if I was hurt. "yea, I'm just excited" I said he looked at me confused. "my mother cancer free now and we are going to Hawaii. apparently I had a great great aunt I didn't know about that died and left us her money. " I said. "that's great, when are you guys going?" he asked. i didn't think what would happen between us once I go back home.

"were leaving for Hawaii Saturday, but I'm leaving tomorrow, so I can be ready." I said. he looks at me his eyes now solid. "but you're coming back, right?" he asked. I stayed silent for a while before speaking. "if I leave tomorrow there is no need for me to come back" I said. "so this will be your last time here? what will happen with us? did you think about that? huh?" he began asking me all kinds of questions.

"I think it'll just be best for us to...." I trailed off. he stared at me with hurt in his eyes. ive been in a long distance relationship and it didn't end well. " we can't, I love you, dejah" he stated. I felt a tear roll down my face and before I could wipe he pulled me into a kiss. I didn't stop him. I just stood there and kissed him back.

I soon pulled away and looked him in his eyes. he was a little taller than me. so I had to look up a little. " I love you too, but this is the way it has to be" I said I pulled away from his grip and started packing again. with him just staring at me shocked.

*******
what do you guys think? is of good?

oh, and I changed my mind I'm not writing bout my romance life. I'm pretty sure y'all don't wanna know bout my romance life. so I'm writing another book. its interracial, duh. lol, but yea.

its totally different from all my other books. hope you guys will read it. and I have a name for it but I'm not sure if IMA keep that name. as of right now the name of my new book is gonna be called 'the roommate' I don't know if I will keep that name.

comment

share

vote

love ya