Chapter One

Cas sat in the kitchen with a beer.

He mostly liked the smell. It reminded him of Dean. The angel hadn't let himself cry yet. Dean had sacrificed himself to save humanity, and that was a good thing.

He rested his forehead slightly on the edge of the can. His hands trembled on the cold wood table.

Sam was in the same state. He had cried as soon as he climbed in bed. The hallway light was on, and he could see it glowing under his door.

He breathed in a shaken sob. With everything he'd been through, losing Dean was when he would feel the most pain.

Sam rubbed his forehead. He just wanted to go to sleep.

*
The door to the bunker swung open. Dean, Mary, and John entered.

"Wow. This is awesome." Mary said, wide-eyed. John nodded silently.

John and Mary were holding hands. Dean felt giddy. His family was together again, something he could only dream of.

Cas immediately made his way to the main room when he heard the door open. His angel blade was out, and he was ready for a fight.

Cas entered the room and immediately dropped his blade. "Dean?" He was almost whispering.

Cas felt like crying. He was stood frozen in shock.

Dean broke into a smile when he saw Cas. "Hey, man." He did a small jog towards the angel before wrapping his arms around him.

Cas smelled the familiar beer smell on his jacket and melted into Deans arms. He buried his head in the crook of the hunters neck, and they stood there for longer then necessary.

John coughed and started looking around. "Where's Sam?"

Cas ignored Deans company. "What happened? Why aren't you dead?"

Dean picked up Cas's blade and handed it back to him. "I'll fill you in later. Where's Sammy?"

"He's in his room." Cas made a small gesture towards the hallway that led to Sam's room.

For the first time, he took his eyes off Dean and looked at the two people behind him. He tilted his head slightly in confusion.

Dean grasped Cas's arm and led him slightly closer to the pair. "Cas, this is John and Mary Winchester." He turned towards his parents. "Guys, this is Castiel."

Cas raised his eyebrows, very surprised. "Your parents." Cas brought his hand up for them to shake. "It's an honour"

Mary shook his hand, but John just turned to Dean. "This is your angel buddy? Huh."

Mary smacked the side of John's arm jokingly.

"I'll go get Sammy!" Dean practically bounded away to get his younger brother.

Cas, Mary and John stood in uncomfortable silence. "Dean told us a lot about you." John spoke firmly.

"And I, you." Cas's voice was slightly deeper then John's, which pissed John off.

*
Dean was gone for ten minutes.

Dean was almost dragging Sam into the room as Sam talked non-stop when they heard the two again.

"Dean, what do you mean you have a surprise? How are you alive? What's happening?!? Dean?!?" Sam's voice echoed slightly in the bunker halls.

Dean stopped when they entered the room. "Shut up Sammy, look!"

Sam immediately shut up. "Mom?...Dad?"
He teared up and sprinted towards his parents. He was taller then them both, and wrapped them in a bear hug. "You're alive?"
The three cried.

Cas stood uncomfortably away and looked at his shoes. He felt out of place once again.

He was caught off guard when Dean placed a hand on his shoulder.

Sam stepped away from his parents and John rubbed his face. "What does a guy have to do to get a sandwich around here?"

Sam immediately straightened up, remembering John's old ways. "Yes, sir."

Mary made a confused face at John. She wasn't expecting "Sir."

A/N:
I have another choice for the cover and I don't really know what one is best so message me if you want to see the other one! And tell me if it works better!