Chapter Five

One of the woman vamps immediately took the kid to the corner of the room.

Dean and John charged at the same time- they cornered the older guy and girl on the couch. Unfortunately, the couple went tearing out of the house. The blond girl went first with her partner at her heals. Dean cursed to himself. His dad was going to be pissed about that.

At almost the same time, Dean killed the older guy and John killed the young woman. He pressed against her, and in one sickening thrust, cut her head off.

"Woop!" John's mood was lifted when he turned toward the two vamps in the corner of the room.

"Wait." Dean protested. "Let's save the kid."

John shook his head. "A monster's a monster."

The girl ran but Dean tackled her. Her vampire strength came in and she pinned Dean against the floor quickly. "Join the fun." She smiled. Her blood-stained hand ran through Dean's hair.

She craned her head and went in to bite Dean. He was furiously struggling but it was no use. Luckily, John cut her head off right before her lips met contact. "Loosing your touch, Dean."

Dean looked up towards his father. The kid's body lay motionless behind him. Dean threw the corps off him. "Let's go help Cas."

They soon found out Cas did not need help. One of his hands had a vampire pinned against the house, and his other had one pinned against the ground. Cas used his foot to decapitate the monster on the ground. J

John and Dean watched in awe as Cas moved his free hand to the remaining Vamp.

Using his powers, Cas toor her head off. Her blond hair mixed with the blood.

Dean looked at John. For the first time, he looked impressed with Cas. Sadly, his expression changed to annoyance. "Dean was almost killed in the house, why couldn't you have done that inside?!" John grimaced.

Cas brushed his hands on his coat. "You requested I stay outside."

John rolled his eyes and started walking to the car. "I didn't know you could do that" he mumbled. Dean just looked at Cas and shrugged.

*
They were almost at the motel when John called Mary to let her know their success.

"Dean was a trooper. Just as I remember him." John happily told his wife.

Dean beamed at the compliment but Cas was less then impressed.

They decided to meet at a bar in the middle of town to celebrate. Mary and Sam had found a vampire at the motel to get the hunters off the pack, but they killed it with ease.

Cas was seriously dreading the bar. As soon as they sat down everyone talked over each other, they drank beer, it was very messy. At this point the angel missed the movie nights at the bunker. It was quiet and peaceful. Dean would lean on him slightly, without fear of judgment.

They sat at a booth open to the door, so they could watch whoever walked in. Mary and John shared a side, while Sam and Dean shared the other. Cas uncomfortably brought a stool to the end of the table and sat there quietly.

John opened his second beer when two men walked in. One was wearing a small amount of makeup, and the other had a very masculine hunter look. The most prominent thing, is that they were holding hands.

Cas noticed them right away, as did John. "Fucking fags." John murmured. Mary didn't hear but Dean did.

At first Cas thought Dean misheard his father, because he only looked at him for a second. But that look was clear, it wasn't out of confusion, but fear.

Cas's anger bubbled up. He clenched the table, and feelt it bend slightly under his grasp.

Dean put a hand on his knee, as if to try and stop him.

Cas couldn't take it any more. He stood up abruptly, catching the attention of the entire table. "Excuse me."