Cuarenta y Dos

Nay in media

"You deserve good things"

Dave
I noticed she was staring off into space for the 5th time this morning.

I didn't know how to make it better. Make her feel safe. I just felt hopeless. This is all my fault and I can't even come up with a solution to help.

She jumped as my loud phone rang, echoing off the walls.

"Wassup Ma."

"Don't wassup Ma me. Where is my baby?"

"He's sleeping Ma. We just put him down for a nap."

"What his stupid ass mama up to?" I sighed.

"I don't even know. She went MIA again." It was true.

After the Hart situation I ain't heard from her ass. I should probably stop by her house. But I ain't gone lie and pretend like I'm not enjoying the peace.

"Tuh, of course. Well, how's my other baby?"

"I been good. I could use some of your cooking."

"Not your bobble head ass, I'm talking about Aria." She laughed, taking the phone from me.

"Hey mama Tina." She cheesed and I couldn't help but follow.

Seeing them become so close was another piece of me I felt was complete. I see how Aria admires my mom and trusts her judgement and listens to every word she says. I know my mom love any opportunity to talk.

"Yea. Can we go today?" She asked. Where the fuck they going?

"Ok. I'll be ready then."

"I promise. Bye." She laughed again.

"Where y'all going?" She got up going toward the bathroom.

"Just for some lunch." She said turning on the shower.

"You want me to take Kayden with me?" I shook my head.

"Nah. I ain't going nowhere. Von and Durk might come over here." She nodded before walking back into the room and straddling me.

"Well, what about a quickie?" She smirked, then kissing my neck.

I love this girl.

                                         • • •
Aria
"Mama Tina where did you find this place?" I said mesmerized by the building she brought us to.

The front was all glass, and the inside had beautiful, shiny wood that led you to several display cases. The high ceilings had beautiful artwork engraved in them. It's like this place was meant for my bakery.

"This used to be an old friend of mines shop before she died. She loved baking just like you." She smiled.

"Well let's get this up and running. I'm ready to get some cookies whenever I want them." Nay said before stuffing her face with more chic-fil-a.

"I gotta meet with the landlord first. See how much it is. I don't even have all my recipes ready and-."

Before I could even finish Mama Tina put the keys in my hand.

My entire mouth went dry as I stared at the set of silver keys in my hand.

I look up to see Mama Tina with that same gorgeous smile on her face that she passed down to her son.