Nueve

Dave in media

"I knew you was just like me Aria"

Aria
"And hurry the fuck up!" She pushed me out the door causing my head to jerk. The way my mom treats me, most people would've said fuck her and ran away. But a small part of me still cares for the well being of her.

I pray that when I walk in the house she hasn't overdosed or one of these random ass men killed her. I still have a little hope that she will get better. She's my mom. As much bullshit that she puts me through, I'll always love her. I just don't think I've reached my breaking point yet.

I was on my way to Pap's to get my mom a pack of Newports. I took my time walking just to take in my neighborhood. It was definitely one of the wowrwt neighborhoods in the U.S. but this is what raised me since my mother decided to stop when I was 12. I learned a lot just from watching shit go down on Gorvin street. Girls I went to school with, dropping out and either pregnant or on their way. Niggas tryna' be down. Or they down and out.

Nobody was tryna' make it out. Maybe they've tried and couldn't? I never thought I'd say this, but I want out of Morgan. (A/N I MADE THIS UP Y'ALL) I want better for myself, and for my mom. Maybe if I got us out of here, she'll do better. It's hard to change when you're stuck in the same environment.

But school and rapping wasn't my thing. I could sing a little, but I ain't no Beyonce or nothing. All I knew was how to use what I had to get what I want. But I need more. I need my own.

The bell rang as I walked through Pap's store.

"Little Aria. How you been pumpkin'?" He asked giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"I've been good. You know my aunt Tamika is in town?"

"No shit. And she ain't hit an ol' man up?" He shook his head grabbing for my mother's Newports.

"I'll tell her." I laughed handing him the cash.

"Nope, I'm gone call her ass right now. She know she wrong." He said dialing her number.

"Where's Diamond? I haven't seen her in a while." I asked. Diamond was his daughter. We use to hang here and there, but we were never close. She was really into her books, I was more wild and boy crazy.

He shook his head in disappointment.

"She got pregnant by CJ dumb ass. Ran off with him two months ago." My eyes widened as he told me the story. I would've thought Diamond out of everyone would make it out of here.

To here she got knocked up and by CJ out of all people, disappoints me. It actually makes me doubt myself. If someone as smart as Diamond couldn't break the chain either, what the hell made me think I could?

I started to feel sick in my stomach. I quickly ran over to the mop bucket and released my insides.

Pap held my hair as I continued to puke.

"Not you too Aria..." He mumbled.

Dave
"Be safe lil' nigga. Strap up."

"Nigga always." He smiled before turning his back to get onto his plane.

"Aye text me when you land. And when you get to your hotel, and-..."

"Ok dad!" Kyan yelled before disappearing onto the plane. I smirked, shaking my head as I walked out of the airport.

I decided to stop by the Krispy Kreme. I was a sucka' for donuts.

"Can I get two glaze donuts?" I asked handing the cashier a $5 bill.

"You don't remember me daddy?" She asked twirling the bill in her hand. I stared in to her face seeing if I knew her from somewhere.

Nope

"You were always such a jokester." She chuckled going to get my donuts. I disregarded her weird ass and went in my phone to text Aria.

                                 Aria💙
                                      I'm omw to scoop you
                                                            2:57pm
Ok, just ignore my mom
                          2:57pm

What the fuck is wrong with these females today?

"Here you go. Call me tonight. I think I know how to jog your memory." She winked handing me my bag of donuts. I smirked walking out of the store and throwing her number to the ground. White girls were never really my thing. Must be why I don't remember her.

I finally arrived at Aria house. She lived deep inside of Morgan. I gripped the steering wheel frustrated that she had to live in this area. Wait. Why was I mad? Because you care about her. No I don't. She gotta get it out the mud like the rest of us.

Fuck that I care about her and don't want her living around here. Yea I owned these streets, but anything could happen. I'll be damned if something happened to her and I could've prevented it. I kept that note in mind that I needed to get Aria outta here.

Before I could knock on the door, Eileen answered it. Eileen was a crackhead that was always snoopin' around my traps. She would do anything for her fix and everybody knew it.

"Man Aria you gotta be more careful. It's a crackhead at your door!" I yelled into the house brushing passed Eileen. 

Aria rushed down the steps. I looked to see Eileen with this smirk on her face. My face twisted up seeing lots of missing teeth. Her eyes had deep rigs around them and her skin looked pale. Eileen looked dead

"What the fuck are you talking about Dave?" Aria put her hand on her hip.

Why mamas got an attitude and I'm tryna' save her ass?

"There's a fuckin' crackhead standing here and you gettin' mad at me?"

"That's my mom Dave." The first time in my life my jaw dropped. I looked over to Eileen watching her itch and scratch. I looked to Aria to see she was upset, but mostly embarrassed.

"Can we just go."

"I knew you was just like me Aria." Eileen smirked as Aria brushed passed her to the car.

I knew Aria was pissed because she opened her own car door and just sat there.

I began to follow her before Eileen stopped me.

"Hey Dave. You got somethin' for me?"

"No."

"Please. I can do it better than my daughter" She laughed. I shook my head pushing her out of the way. She fell over the couch onto the floor with a loud laugh.

We sat in the car in silence. I had no idea Aria was living like this.  Aria began to mumbled something.

"What?" I asked.

"Do you sell to her?"

"I mean I do-.."

"Dave this not the fuckin' time! Do she get her drugs from you?"

"Yea man.." I huffed pulling into my driveway.

"Promise me.." she said

"Promise you what mamas?"

"Y'all won't sell to her no more."

Thanks for reading guys! Please continue to leave comments and send this book to others!!💜