Treinta Tres

Janay in media

"You are under arrest..."

Dave
"So what did y'all niggas see?"

"Man nothing. He just went to his babymoms house. Then the corner store. Then he went dropped his daughter off at school this morning." Durk ranted

I leaned back in my chair stroking my beard in thought. This nigga was moving smart. Unless...

"He saw y'all dumbasses." I said.

"Nah man. We was extra careful. I even wore all black just for the effect." Meek said.

"He knows we're watching his ass. You don't just steal $15 g's and sit on it. Either he's moving it, or moving it for somebody else."

"Man I hope he ain't working with them goons on the westside." Durk said shaking his head.

"Them niggas been tryna' take us down since the beginning."

"Man, let's just smoke his ass." Meek said grabbing his gun.

"Aye, chillout." I mumbled in thought.

"We gotta find out who this rat ass nigga working for." I said watching his every move on the monitors.

"How we gone do that?" Von asked.

I pulled out my phone dialing just the female I knew that could handle this job.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Janay. I need your help."

• • • •
Aria
I shook my head with tears streaming down my face.

"No, no, no, no, no!" I screamed throwing the 5th one into the trash can.

I quickly tied the bag up, taking the trash outside.

This cannot be happening to me. I'm not ready yet. I'm barley finishing high school, no job, Dave is giving me a place to stay. This just cannot be happening to me right now.

"Hey Ari." I rolled my eyes, turning toward the voice I used to know so well.

"You don't look too happy to see me." She giggled. 

"The fuck do you want Makiya?" I huffed, not wanting to have this conversation right now.

Her smile dropped.

"You really hate me huh?" She said looking at the ground.

"Shouldn't you be with your friend? Or up Chez's ass somewhere?" I said walking back toward the house.

"I miss our friendship Ari. Can't you see? I did all this to get your attention. To get you to talk to me. I thought Dave was no good for you and you completely cut me out of your life."

"No Kiya. You kept minding my fuckin' business after I told your ass time after time to stop. And you got some nerve telling me what nigga is and isn't good for me."

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean." Her true accent came out. 

"What I said." I said folding my arms. She chuckled.

"See. This is what I always hated about you Aria. You think you're better than everybody? You think you better than me because Dave got a little more clout and money than Chez? You think he treats you better? You think you some hood princess or sumn? You're not Ari! You're a hoodrat just like me. When Dave tired of nutting in you, you gone be back at your mama's house looking for the next come up. You ain't no better than me bitch." She screamed before getting into her car and storming off.