All-Star Apologies: Part 16 [Deadly Life]

This was a different sort of tension in the air. At least, it was different than the previous 4 times that a body had been discovered, even if the all too familiar scent of drying blood invaded the air. Everyone was standing in the Music Room, gazing at the horrific sight that lay before them. Not mincing words, Taeko's body was lain down on the stage, her head invisible from under the large grand piano clearly having somehow crushed it like a watermelon. It was enough to make someone vomit, but everyone held their throats.

"Shit...!" Mondo growled "it finally happened, huh?"

"This is likely to be a difficult one..." Byakuya sighed "I can't think of anyone who wouldn't have a motivation to do this..."

"I can't believe this..." Taka cried "she must have been murdered, right? That's the 5th person who's been murdered here! Why does this keep happening!?"

He fell to his knees and pounded the floor as he said this. Chihiro, Makoto and Mukuro, the group that stood behind him, reacted similarly. Mukuro diverted her eyes. Makoto bit his tongue. Chihiro gripped his sleeve. Honestly, while it was definitely smaller than previous cases, the level of remorse in the air was certainly higher than anticipated. 

"I can't believe I'm actually feeling bad for this bitch..." Mondo sighed "after all she did, she had this comin'...But I can't help but feel a little depressed..."

"I understand..." Chihiro told him "I can't sympathize with Taeko for killing three of my friends...but even still, there was a time where I considered her one of those friends..."

"Personally, I hated the girl..." Mukuro interjected "from the moment we met to now. However, even still, I don't think I would have wished this on her..."

"Quite the pickle, I must agree..." Monokuma suddenly showed up out of nowhere "once again, someone had to die because people couldn't let go of their attachment to the outside world..."

"I knew he was coming but I'm still infuriated at his arrival...!" Taka growled.

"Well, of course you knew I'd show up!" Monokuma smirked "it's about that time again! Time to figure out who it was that killed Taeko!"

"Then I guess we should start investigating then, huh?" Makoto sighed.

"Yessirree!" Monokuma cheered "Good luck! You're gonna need it!"

"Just give us the Monokuma File..." Kyoko hissed. At the call, Monokuma handed the file out to everyone so they could read it, and then vanished.

"Ok team!" Taka picked himself up and addressed the group "let's do this! For our survival!"

"I really missed having you in these investigations Taka..." Makoto smiled "even though I'd rather not do this, I'm glad you're here..."

"I'm not a fan of how quickly we've gotten used to this..." Mondo grunted "it's like we didn't have time to mourn..."

"I'm amazed that you'd even consider mourning this versailles witch of a human..." Byakuya sighed "but that aside...I would think that this case is a lot more obvious than you're thinking..."

"You mean you already know the culprit Byakuya?" Kyoko raised a curious eyebrow.

"I have...a prime suspect..." Byakuya raised his head almost as if attempting to look down upon everyone "that being you, Mukuro Ikusaba..."

"You think it was Mukuro?" Chihiro exclaimed.

"Don't get antsy," Byakuya sighed "I know better than to go blindly accusing people, even if she was a spy and traitor, and refuses to rat the Mastermind out. However, this crime seems a little too convenient for our dear mercenary here..."